Rumor: Canucks going after Barrie. (+ Hudler)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Tanev for Barrie makes sense for both teams as they both replace a RHD. Edler and Virtanen is horrible.

Can't ****ing believe how many write off 19 year old Virtanen.

Yeah it's quite disappointing how so many posters are giving up on Virtanen.

Wouldn't call moving Virtanen in an trade for Barrie to be giving up on him. Barrie is a very good puck moving defenseman.

What's disappointing is that the Canucks have already given up on so many young players. McCann, Shinkaruk, Forsling etc.

I would consider Edler and Virtanen to be an overpayment though.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Tanev for Barrie improves us tremendously IMO, would be like having Edler and Ehrhoff spearheading offense from the point again. I can guarantee you the Sedins and Eriksson hope we get Barrie.

Except then we have nobody who can suppress shots against and check the opposition's top forwards.

We desperately need that offensive dman, but we can't afford to let Tanev go either. It's like plugging one hole to create another. And to add a significant amount on top of Tanev to make the deal happen makes this an upcoming disaster.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
i'd move tanev for him straight. I love Chris Tanev but this team would be a lot more entertaining to watch having Barrie on the backend.

That is where I am at. I would do the one for one, simply because Barrie is the more interesting player. I get that Tanev is quietly effective.

NO to losing any more top level prospects.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I would be more concerned with losing Tanev than losing Virtanen.

Except then we have nobody who can suppress shots against and check the opposition's top forwards.

We desperately need that offensive dman, but we can't afford to let Tanev go either. It's like plugging one hole to create another. And to add a significant amount on top of Tanev to make the deal happen makes this an upcoming disaster.

Gudbranson replaces Tanev since you know they're both defensive guys or something :help:

Blueangel1891

Nov 24, 2007
Belgium

If Gudbranson really is the Top 4 D some think he is, and Tryamkin takes the next step ...

Nobody would add to Tanev. But him straight up for Barrie? I would at least consider the thought

Favre4

Mar 14, 2014
I'm actually quite content with our d. More concerned with our skill up front.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012

why would you be against a tanev for barrie swap

would make the canucks more exciting offensively, and get us a higher pick in the draft

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
[QUOxTE=monster_bertuzzi;120432177]Tanev for Barrie makes sense for both teams as they both replace a RHD. Edler and Virtanen is horrible.

Can't ****ing believe how many write off 19 year old Virtanen.[/QUOTE]

Yup lets trade a not yet ready power forward cuz that is really smart and works out well for us.

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
Most Edminton rumors end up having "or Vancouver". It is most often click bait.
Most trades are out of left field with Vancouver, like Gudbranson's, because the media doesn't have very good inside sources with Vancouver's management.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'm actually quite content with our d. More concerned with our skill up front.

This. Defensively and goaltending wise, I think we are decent - about average. Offensively though, we are still a major work in progress. Although it's progress I'm content to watch play out now. I'd rather see Horvat, Virtanen and Baertschi develop as our second line then see more veterans acquired via free agency or trade.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Most Edminton rumors end up having "or Vancouver". It is most often click bait.
Most trades are out of left field with Vancouver, like Gudbranson's, because the media doesn't have very good inside sources with Vancouver's management.

um the media seems to be bang ****ing on with available Canucks players.

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
I would move Tanev for Barrie easy.

Barrie adds a puck mover and offence that we are missing on the back end.

I would add a pick or a prospect not named Virtanen, Demko, Juolevi and Boeser.

Only other condition is they take one of Sbisa or Dorsett, only purpose is that Barries new contract is going to be higher than Tanevs to it helps offset.

Only other reason I do this deal is it keeps Barrie out of Edmonton.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I definitely wouldn't do Tanev for Barrie. Barrie is great and arguably better at what he does than Tanman, but they're different tyes of defensemen. The team already has Hutton looking like he could potentially be a Barrie type and I'd rather keep the defensive stalwart who can go against top lines every night. Plus Barrie is going to get a bigger contract that I doubt will be worth the difference. I wouldn't mind a package around someone else but I'm not sure what Colorado would want

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
If Gudbranson really is the Top 4 D some think he is, and Tryamkin takes the next step ...

Nobody would add to Tanev. But him straight up for Barrie? I would at least consider the thought

Except Gudbranson isn't. So they'll do this deal and the team will fall flat on its face again.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
This. Defensively and goaltending wise, I think we are decent - about average. Offensively though, we are still a major work in progress. Although it's progress I'm content to watch play out now. I'd rather see Horvat, Virtanen and Baertschi develop as our second line then see more veterans acquired via free agency or trade.

I still see this as a bottom 5 defense in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad