Post-Game Talk: Canucks defeat Senators | 5-2 | Thanks for the Good Time, Ray

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
weird game. or at least the half i watched. it's like the canucks have taken a giant leap now that they have a system they believe in, and so they can act like a veteran good team and have a quiet lazy road night swatting the sens like a distraction. it was ugly but ugly structured. watching the second half of the game they gave the sens very little and no traction. pettersson looked horrible until he didn't. miller scored a backbreaker. these are things i have seen before but not with a team so recently a basement dweller.

the team is playing smart patient hockey even when being lazy. they dominate possession while looking halfassed.

it is a 132 pace right now. they can't sustain that so there will be some regtression.

but i think they might be really good and not just a make the playoffs lineup.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Good to get a win from the backup, when we didn’t have our best game, against a team below us in the standings. In recent years none of those things have come easy.

Hopefully there is no excuse for this team to not come out with a great effort on Saturday against Toronto. Real big chance to have a statement game in front of a National audience.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
A great signing from the management team. I was skeptical at first, but this new management team has proven me wrong since getting the proper pro scouts. We never had our free agents pan out and now we see these new free agents perform right away with the team.
they've made me look dumb multiple times with seeming overpayments on the pieces they have added.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Truly bizzare

Like even if you still belive that your statement was correct, you can still enjoy while things are going well and then go back to shitting on the team if things go bad again.

It's literally a game, no one with a brain cell will blame you for jumping the ship

There's a reason we all were negative with this team after losing for a decade. Now that we are dominating again and back up there, it's just nice to discuss hockey again. We're all 10 years older now I think the maturity level should be better. I haven't had an infraction since 2009, that's maturity folks.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Truly bizzare

Like even if you still belive that your statement was correct, you can still enjoy while things are going well and then go back to shitting on the team if things go bad again.

It's literally a game, no one with a brain cell will blame you for jumping the ship

Yeah I don't get it. Like I was completely wrong about a bunch of things, but have never been happier to be wrong. I just want the f***ing team to win, and win a lot. Just like...... all of us....?

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
weird game. or at least the half i watched. it's like the canucks have taken a giant leap now that they have a system they believe in, and so they can act like a veteran good team and have a quiet lazy road night swatting the sens like a distraction. it was ugly but ugly structured. watching the second half of the game they gave the sens very little and no traction. pettersson looked horrible until he didn't. miller scored a backbreaker. these are things i have seen before but not with a team so recently a basement dweller.

the team is playing smart patient hockey even when being lazy. they dominate possession while looking halfassed.

it is a 132 pace right now. they can't sustain that so there will be some regtression.

but i think they might be really good and not just a make the playoffs lineup.
They cant start like this on Saturday. Toronto has too many star forwards that they might fall behind a couple goals in a short period of time

Reactions: mossey3535

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
How a lot of the other boards are slowly devolving into the things the said we were in 2011 is one the best gifts I've ever received.

Oh, I live for the moment of us going into the playoffs as the most hated team in the league. Instead of it being cause of swagger and "arrogance" it'll be "they're just lucky!!!!!"

It'll be so damn good if we actually make a run of this.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
There's a reason we all were negative with this team after losing for a decade. Now that we are dominating again and back up there, it's just nice to discuss hockey again. We're all 10 years older now I think the maturity level should be better. I haven't had an infraction since 2009, that's maturity folks.

…reaching for the infraction button… :sarcasm:

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
Oh, I live for the moment of us going into the playoffs as the most hated team in the league. Instead of it being cause of swagger and "arrogance" it'll be "they're just lucky!!!!!"

It'll be so damn good if we actually make a run of this.
We need to go full heel while the team is filled with likable players.

Reactions: Flik

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
The reason why I was never truly on board during any win streak in the last 4-5 years was because Jimbo had never shown any signs of competentcy therefore I had no hope that things might turned around.

But Jimbo is not here anymore, the new management has been very honest with us about team assessnment and all of their moves have legit logic behind them, what is not to like?

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
You have the special, unique role as HfCanucks Professor of Toxicity. You get a pass.

Professor Emeritus of Toxicity,

f7b0b176c4fad76c53e5aa05076ab6db.gif

Reactions: Petey O

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
The reason why I was never truly on board during any win streak in the last 4-5 years was because Jimbo had neve shown any signs of competent, therefore I had no hope that things might turned around.

But Jimbo is not here anymore, he new management has been very honest with us about the team assessnment and all of their moves have legit logic behind them, what is not to like?

There was a glimmer of hope after the Bubble playoffs, but Jim Benning went to destroy that little hope by letting Tanev & Toffoli walk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad