Post-Game Talk: Canucks defeat Senators | 5-2 | Thanks for the Good Time, Ray

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
where did this PDO stuff come from anyway?

I did not hear this at all last season, or any season?

Others have already said but it’s mostly a media lead thing that’s getting parroted on how the Canucks will regress.

PDO is basically a measurement of luck and the Canucks’ PDO score is one of the highest ever.

Reactions: mossey3535

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Lots of jokes about PDO aside I think it's very hard to tell because the team is so hot. But I do have some ideas.

Just like the bubble, superstar talent means you can score out of the blue. That's happening except we aren't under siege the whole time so Miller/EP/Quinn get even more opportunities for that to happen.

Tocchet's brilliant movement PP just makes it a lot more unpredictable and it hasn't seemed to have gotten into long periods where it gets stuck in a static rut. You don't need to shoot too much on a good PP to score.

Finally, if you play a more structured game where the forwards are committed to backchecking and playing positionally you see we're reaping the rewards with lots of counterpunch possessions. Those are just inherently easier to score on somehow in my experience.

Basically the team is built to have a high SH%.

Like I said earlier you don’t need stats to see it, they are getting the bounces currently and Demko has been immaculate so it sort of explains itself.

Reactions: mossey3535

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I really liked Hoglander tonight. Was really buzzing and aggressive, active stick, just obviously belongs. I'd prefer it if we didn't trade him.

Whereas I'm not sure I noticed Garland at all tonight, and he is the one who should be doing all of the above.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
Imagine thinking Brock f***ing Boeser would be second in scoring, beating out Kucherov and only two back of Matthews.

I'd told you I want the kinda drugs you were on. :laugh:
I'm loving his game right now. He's playing focused but a little angry.

Someone with the skills needs to put Boeser's face on Keanu Reeves in the first John Wick when he's tied to the chair.

"People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer, but yeah, I'm thinking I'm back."

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Got a win with DeSmith. Now that sets up a strong Demko game against the Leafs and a DeSmith Habs revenge game.

We could realistically be 12-2-1 lol

Reactions: HighAndTight

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Others have already said but it’s mostly a media lead thing that’s getting parroted on how the Canucks will regress.

PDO is basically a measurement of luck and the Canucks’ PDO score is one of the highest ever.
Flanthers was another high PDO team last season

Their system make them not taking many shots nor control the puck

DimitriL07

Jan 24, 2023
Vancouver BC
It’s honestly quite aggravating that other teams fans are just gunna look at the shot clock and repeat the same one liners on why we suck while also watching barely any Nuck games. The Sens weren’t even doing much at all, just throwing everything on net. Lots of perimeter play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad