Post-Game Talk: Canucks defeat Senators | 5-2 | Thanks for the Good Time, Ray

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I’d be interested in opposing SV% against the Canucks though.
Lots of jokes about PDO aside I think it's very hard to tell because the team is so hot. But I do have some ideas.

Just like the bubble, superstar talent means you can score out of the blue. That's happening except we aren't under siege the whole time so Miller/EP/Quinn get even more opportunities for that to happen.

Tocchet's brilliant movement PP just makes it a lot more unpredictable and it hasn't seemed to have gotten into long periods where it gets stuck in a static rut. You don't need to shoot too much on a good PP to score.

Finally, if you play a more structured game where the forwards are committed to backchecking and playing positionally you see we're reaping the rewards with lots of counterpunch possessions. Those are just inherently easier to score on somehow in my experience.

Basically the team is built to have a high SH%.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Still have Willander/Lekkerimaki coming

This team is going to be ridiculously fun to watch man.

That Pettersson shot, Hughes and Hronek working their magic, Boeser is playing unreal, Miller is monster, Hoglander/PDG/Lafftery looking great to surround the stars

CloutierForVezina

May 13, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
where did this PDO stuff come from anyway?

I did not hear this at all last season, or any season?
PDO has always been known as the "luck" stat, and has been pretty big for awhile.

It has only really taken off this year because a team that was "supposed" to be bad (us) is having a great start, and pundits are looking for reasons why. Add in the fact we have a huge fanbase and there's no shortage of people who can't wait to tell us exactly why we still suck and how we're going to go back to sucking right away.

Vegas and Boston both have very elevated PDOs as well right now (thanks to similarly strong goaltending) but nobody cares because they were expected to be good.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Oh dear: This is not going to be good for the PDO!:eek3:
View attachment 765767
fafawfawf.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad