Post-Game Talk: Canucks defeat Senators | 5-2 | Thanks for the Good Time, Ray

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
We'd probably be tied for first if we weren't robbed in the Rangers game.

Screenshot (2788).png
Screenshot (2787).png
Screenshot (2786).png

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
I honestly can’t remember the last team that moved the puck this well - feels like it has been a decade. It is amazing how much faster that makes you look.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
One of our worst games of the season, lots of sloppy play, seemed like it kept bouncing on us (maybe bad ice?). But as per usual they find a way. Chychrun got a penalty he didnt deserve when it was already out of reach.

One of Petey and Hughes' weakest games too. Lots of giveaways and small mistakes. If the Sens could hit an empty net they probably win it but the hockey gods and the almighty Petey...oh is on our side XD

Reactions: Regress2TheMeme

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Was at the game. Sens were the better team for most of the game. Nucks made good on their chances and shut it down in the third. Played like a good team does when they don’t have ‘it’. Expect a better effort vs the Leas. In the meantime, take the 2pts and move on.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Just got home from the game. The Canucks were legitimately lacklustre and looked quite slow throughout much of the game – I thought we had finally sprung the trap game once Ottawa tied it up – and yet still managed to rack up 5 goals with relative ease. The in-arena three stars were all Canucks, which was funny both because (i) they never do that for the road team, and (ii) the score didn’t reflect the run of play at all.

I feel an early goal happens at almost every VAN-OTT game I attend, and in this case I was sitting right behind one of the section entrances and people were still climbing to their seats as the game got underway, so my view of the first goal was totally blocked. A guy behind me said something like “I think his glove was inside the net” but when play elapsed for so long I thought it would amount to nothing… what a weird first goal to cheer for, it was like a paper transaction only.

As usual there were plenty of Canuck fans there, including one with the identical white-skate Lumme jersey that I usually wear (but wasn’t actually wearing tonight). If any of the other Ottawa-based fans were there and saw that dude, it wasn’t me!

And I make this point often, but for all the joking and griping about the Sens’ arena being in Kanata, it took me like 10-15 minutes to get home to urban Ottawa from there, which is probably among the easiest game day routes in an NHL city. By contrast, it took me like 30 minutes to get out of the parking lot, which is the actual bad part of a suburban rink.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
One of our worst games of the season, lots of sloppy play, seemed like it kept bouncing on us (maybe bad ice?). But as per usual they find a way. Chychrun got a penalty he didnt deserve when it was already out of reach.

One of Petey and Hughes' weakest games too. Lots of giveaways and small mistakes. If the Sens could hit an empty net they probably win it but the hockey gods and the almighty Petey...oh is on our side XD
We had more high danger chances than they did. We didn't give them very many of them. But they led possession and shots

Just got home from the game. The Canucks were legitimately lacklustre and looked quite slow throughout much of the game
Just like the Flyers game. Whats the similarity ? The 5-6 hour flight and time change

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
There’s a couple of noticeable posters, some that I actually like a lot, that were very upset about the direction of this time that haven’t posted in quite a while. Just an observation.

Yeah, it’s unfortunate. I honestly think that the Benning era was so bad for so long that people forgot how to enjoy sports and either just checked out or got locked into a negative mindset they couldn’t get out of. Like, I had to consciously do a huge reset post-Benning and make sure that I was looking at different things done by different people through a different filter.

Anyhow, yay for people who have said ‘I was wrong’ and are having fun. Because this is fun. It’s the most fun since the SJ series in 2011.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Just like the Flyers game. Whats the similarity ? The 5-6 hour flight and time change
It is for sure a factor. I even tweeted this during the game:

I do think the game also had some trap-pish elements to it though… the Sens being lower profile and having played last night, and looking ahead to a big national game in Toronto.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Yeah, it’s unfortunate. I honestly think that the Benning era was so bad for so long that people forgot how to enjoy sports and either just checked out or got locked into a negative mindset they couldn’t get out of. Like, I had to consciously do a huge reset post-Benning and make sure that I was looking at different things done by different people through a different filter.

Anyhow, yay for people who have said ‘I was wrong’ and are having fun. Because this is fun. It’s the most fun since the SJ series in 2011.
1st time feeling anxious about the team losing in 10 years. Almost don’t remember what it feels like to care and want the team to win. Felt like I was hate watching the last like 7 years

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver

This is a bit beyond. I am so skeptical of winning that I fully expect 10 straight losses at any time.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
1st time feeling anxious about the team losing in 10 years. Almost don’t remember what it feels like to care and want the team to win. Felt like I was hate watching the last like 7 years

My partner and I got together in 2013 and when I’m yelling at the TV or whooping goals during a Canucks game she’s like ‘Who the hell are you?!?’ because I’ve she’s had to suffer through like 800 games in the last decade of my just LOLing at how shit my team is and not being emotionally invested at all in them succeeding.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
There’s a couple of noticeable posters, some that I actually like a lot, that were very upset about the direction of this time that haven’t posted in quite a while. Just an observation.
Well, I'll own to thinking there was very little chance of this kind of development in every area across the board, but I've not been able to post because of a lack of free time. I'm as pleased as could be to have been wrong in my takes and said at the time I would prefer if I was wrong. Looks like I got my wish. Team is just smashing it!

Oh, wait. You said some posters that you actually like. Never mind 😜

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
This is a bit beyond. I am so skeptical of winning that I fully expect 10 straight losses at any time.
Thing is, sure they might lose 10 straight games at some point but however shitty that might feel, you know (or at least think) this team will turn it around. It's a refreshing feeling. Mind you, unless Demko is out for a lengthy period of time, I don't think this team can lose ten straight with him in net (and with this current roster).

Reactions: Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
My partner and I got together in 2013 and when I’m yelling at the TV or whooping goals during a Canucks game she’s like ‘Who the hell are you?!?’ because I’ve she’s had to suffer through like 800 games in the last decade of my just LOLing at how shit my team is and not being emotionally invested at all in them succeeding.

I read this post to my wife and she said "That's you". Then I explained to her that it's not just that the Canucks are fun but all the teams I hate are utterly failing.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I read this post to my wife and she said "That's you". Then I explained to her that it's not just that the Canucks are fun but all the teams I hate are utterly failing.

We’ve had literally this exact conversation that sports is good again and she was like ‘why did you spend the last 10 years watching then?’ and … I don’t know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad