Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Red Wings | 4-1 (Lindholm x2, Zadorov, Miller) | Stay Classy!

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
I'd just like to say:

Screw the Red Wings, screw their blatant efforts at trying to draw PP's, and screw their stupid Griddy dance.

That is all.

Reactions: The Stig

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Had to overcome some crap officiating but did so in style. Raymond reinforced his image as a diver and at some point needed a unsportsmen-like penalty. Canucks needed good goaltending but a lot of that was due to the penalties. Only concern is the PP which remains unproductive even when it seems to be working okay.

Good

Lindhom - thought he was obviously our best forward. Talent combined with smarts. Very good two way game and starting to look better with Pettersson. Is quickly showing himself to be probably the best two way player on the team

Pettersson - kept yelling at him to move the puck faster and he was not without some of his usual glitzes. Still he was much of the offense in this game and certainly worked both ends of the ice.

Juulsen - continues to play with excellent focus. Seems to be getting more confidence with the puck. Surprise story of the year. If he continues to improve his play as rapidly has this season becomes a cheap option moving ahead. That will be huge for cap purposes moving ahead.

Zadorov - big presence again. Moved puck well, took people out of the play and provide push back when things got physical.

Hronek - play in transition was excellent. Moved puck up fron the back well all game. In both the neutral and defensive zones his positioning and movement allow him to consistently cut off lanes and prevent passes.

Demko - outstanding. Has looked the best he been all season in the last few game. Clearly the first star

Others

Garland - I think he clearly missed Joshua. Wasn't bad but not the player he has been recently and for most of the season. Thought Blueger carried that line in this game.

Hughes - Again struggled a bit deep in his end and not as good on the PP. Was brutally cross checked out of the play on the only goal against. While this should have been a penalty, it kind of indicated that he was getting caught a little flat footed around his net. Thought his play was little more random in terms of offense.

Micheyev - while there were some postive steps, still not near the player Joshua has been. If the Canucks have to off load salary in the offseason might be looking at this player - thus the need for him to start showing more.

Diuseppe - thought he was best player on the 4th line. Overall, however line wasn't that good. Need to get Lafferty back to the player he was at the beginning of the season.

Felt that this might be a very tough game for the team. First game back from a road trip, missing Joshua, Detroit needing to pick up points -- but this Canuck team continues to play through whatever problems or situations they face.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Yah. It was a pathetic finals that we didn't deserve to win. I honestly don't think the Sedins and Luongo had what it took to win a Cup though. As much as I know people will jump on me for saying that.
The team had insane amount of injuries. Hank couldn’t tie his own laces, Kesler torn labrum, Raymond and Hamhuis gone, Manny’s eye.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Don't look now, but the Canucks are six point clear in the President's Trophy race, and might have one of the easier schedules in March.

Somebody, somewhere put their hearts on their sleeves and plunked a few bucks down betting on the Canucks to be the best regular season team in the NHL. Would love to know what the payout might be.

Reactions: arttk

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
The team had insane amount of injuries. Hank couldn’t tie his own laces, Kesler torn labrum, Raymond and Hamhuis gone, Manny’s eye.

IIRC, Edler had broken fingers and Ehrhoff had a separated shoulder from the SJ series, too. Ironically, our healthiest defensemen in the finals appeared to be Sami Salo.

But enough of that.

This was a f***ing fun win. Let’s do it again on Saturday.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Anyone check on the Oilers fans?

I understand it is possible to actually die from going into conniptions.

I recommend* deep breathing.

* that's a lie. I recommend deep breathing for everyone, not just oiler fans conniptioning.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Don't look now, but the Canucks are six point clear in the President's Trophy race, and might have one of the easier schedules in March.

Somebody, somewhere put their hearts on their sleeves and plunked a few bucks down betting on the Canucks to be the best regular season team in the NHL. Would love to know what the payout might be.
I wanted to so bad to start the season. I remember the payout being 49 to 1 or something close to that.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
IIRC, Edler had broken fingers and Ehrhoff had a separated shoulder from the SJ series, too. Ironically, our healthiest defensemen in the finals appeared to be Sami Salo.

Samuelsson was out for the entire Sharks+Bruins series. Higgins was playing with a broken foot in those series as well.

Literally half of the starting lineup out or playing with major injuries. :laugh: It really goes to show how much skill and depth that team had to limp their way to game 7 of the cup finals.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Canucks are already at 80 points on the year. 12 points clear of Vegas, who are second in the Division, 6 ahead of Dallas for the Conference lead, and 6 ahead of Florida, Boston, and Dallas for league lead. Canucks can go 10-17 to finish the season and still finish with 100 points.

10-11: 117
11-12: 111
06-07: 105
02-03: 104
09-10: 103
14-15: 101
03-04: 101
92-93: 101
08-09: 100
91-92: 96
01-02: 94
21-22: 92
05-06: 92
00-01: 90
07-08: 88
74-75: 86
93-94: 85
22-23: 83
99-00: 83
13-14: 83
18-19: 81
75-76: 81
23-24: 80

Will be very fun to see how high this team can climb. If they only go 14-13 to finish the season, they'll finish with their 3rd best record.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
If only Gilles targeted someone like Hannan or Garrison at the TDL instead of Ballard... aaaaa

Anyways, can we please re-sign big Z omg what a show

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad