Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3, Bruins 4: Oh no, we suck again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
should I ferociously cheer that we lost? Like some others have done after wins? I don't seem to see those posters anywhere either, what a coincidence.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Because tanking is the best way to make your drafting ability not matter?

If we pick 1st overall we can't screw up as badly as if we pick 25th. Even if we pick the wrong guy at #1 it's still likely to be better than picking the wrong guy at #25.

Comprende?

Plus if the team is trying for the playoffs but ending up at the bottom of the league year after year, there's a very high likelyhood that the Management gets canned.

Oh to dream.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Canucks second best in goal tending in this one. Better trade Miller while we can.

Thought Hutton was tragic. All he could do in most situations was scramble the puck out and lot of times couldn't even do that. If you had a competent defensemen in for him in this game, good chance the Canucks would have won.

Didn't think much of Chaput in this one either. Inner AHL game emerged in this one. Trying hard but mostly spinning his wheels and puck in his zone for most of shifts.

To me, Sutter and Horvat were best forwards and Stecher excellent in the mid ice and offensive ends.

Thinking Boucher in the right situation might be a helpful player. Very solid on his skates and you can see the quickness in his release.

Agree with those who criticize WD personnel decision late in the game. Got to have Horvat out.

Pastrnak >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Virtanen

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
You can't blame Miller for the powerplay. It was laughable in the first.

WD should be gassed but that has been true for a long time.

Top line looked less than special. I think this is key. What a ladies line! Shame!

Tomorrow they will have weaker goaltending.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Bruins fan here..As an observation; Horvat is a beast..great player

A Bruins fan huh....do you have Willie's twitter account?....maybe you can tweet him about the possibility of playing his "beast of a player" in the last minute of game when he needs a goal to tie.

And while you're on this board, what's the story with Julien?....Is he a guy who could turn our sad-sack team around?....has to be an upgrade over Willie.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
A Bruins fan huh....do you have Willie's twitter account?....maybe you can tweet him about the possibility of playing his "beast of a player" in the last minute of game when he needs a goal to tie.

And while you're on this board, what's the story with Julien?....Is he a guy who could turn our sad-sack team around?....has to be an upgrade over Willie.

I saw that stat..1 shift in last 3 mins of the game..every time Horvat was on the ice he created stuff and can't believe he wasn't out there...good for Bruins...not for Nucks. Did any of the media ask him about this?

I was a supporter of Julien and did a great job..but maybe the message ran dry after 10 years...obviously a good coach and I hear lots of complaints about Willie from my Canuck buddies here, so I guess he would have to assess the roster and determine what he could do with it.

I bet there are a few teams looking at him now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad