Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3, Bruins 4: Oh no, we suck again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Bruins, Canucks both battling to get back into playoff chase

BOSTON -- The Vancouver Canucks and Boston Bruins, both trying to force their way back into the NHL playoffs, both scored important victories Thursday night.

Saturday, the 2011 Stanley Cup finalists meet for a TD Garden matinee.

The Canucks, who missed the playoffs last season, rode Ryan Miller to a 3-0 shutout win at Columbus on Thursday and moved to six points out of the Western Conference wild card. The win, ended a four-game losing streak.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/bruins-canucks-both-battling-back-playoff-chase-024600818--nhl.html

Last edited by a moderator:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Even during the halcyon days of Vigneault and the President's Trophy winning teams, for whatever reason the Canucks have sucked during morning games in the East....something to do with their West Coast biological clock I guess.

They'll be under siege in the first 10 minutes as they always are....if they can stagger through that, it could be close....Bruins have been bad on home ice.....regardless of the outcome, hoping that Tryamkin can step up and crush that weasel Marchand.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Bruins coming alive after coaching SHOCKER and SHAKEUP

5-2 Bruins ugly game for us goals by Boucher and Skille

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Even during the halcyon days of Vigneault and the President's Trophy winning teams, for whatever reason the Canucks have sucked during morning games in the East....something to do with their West Coast biological clock I guess.

They'll be under siege in the first 10 minutes as they always are....if they can stagger through that, it could be close....Bruins have been bad on home ice.....regardless of the outcome, hoping that Tryamkin can step up and crush that weasel Marchand.

Oh man, am I ever hoping for Tryamkin to be a factor in tomorrow's game. Could have used him against this team 6 years ago...

As for the result, I would have loved to beat the Bruins had they lost to Columbus but it's probably better for them to get back on the losing track, both for the draft pick and to dissuade Benning from any notions of playoffs.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Bo Horvat scores on a slapshot from the circle off the post that you can hear from Vancouver over Tim Thom...errr Tuukka Rask's shoulder.

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
Winnable game..Bruins are just as inconsistent as all the other bubble teams out there...Canucks are healthy,and can build off of the last few games..

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Nothing would make me happier than a "moral victory" here where Tryamkin pounds a couple Bruins into the ice (preferably Nose Face), someone steps up to the Gudbranson/Dorsett role to throw down for a staged fight (Sbisa? Miller?!), and the Canucks get run out of the rink by skilled players like Pastrnak. :yo:

Although, a win would also be okay here. Yeah, tanking; but this is Game 15 (?) we're talking about!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad