Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2 Oilers 1

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Since Mcdavid is pretty much having the same kind of season this year, perhaps it was another player who was leading the Oilers into the playoffs. I think Cam Talbot was the Oilers MVP last year, and the direct relationship between his personal failure and the Oilers failing as a team supports this.

I'll concede half a point to that.
I'd say BS but don't want to argue.
However the fact that Cams run was obviously unsustainable and Conners is repeated tells me all I need to know.

CrashBartley

Nov 19, 2014
Second best?? Sorry but Mcdavid creates twicer as much as Crosby and has already passsed him as the best in the game. With all due respect Crosby has not been the best many years he has been in the nhl but the Canadian Media gives him that title every year despite other players being better many years. Crosby has only won two art ross awards in his whole career. There is no argument where Mcdavid is not the best plsyer in the league right now.
Yea there is an argument. Back to back Conn Smythe trophy's, Stanley Cup rings, etc say Crosby is still a great player and leader. And as far as I'm concerned, and many others, still the best overall player in the league. The difference between McDavid and Crosby is negligible and unless something unbelievable happens, McDavid will be the best, but not quite yet. That's my opinion, and we're both entitled to them.
And I'm sorry if that's the main point you took from my previous post. I wasn't trying to be argumentative.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Since Mcdavid is pretty much having the same kind of season this year, perhaps it was another player who was leading the Oilers into the playoffs. I think Cam Talbot was the Oilers MVP last year, and the direct relationship between his personal failure and the Oilers failing as a team supports this.

McDavid can't stop pucks. Not his fault he has goalies on his team that can't do their part of the job. All he can do is continue to be amazing. Your comment supports the theory that this is not McDavid's issue, but others falling down. About time you figured it out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad