Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2 Oilers 1

Metamind

Jun 28, 2012
McDavid is the best player in the league and worth every penny of his contract, and doesn’t deserve to be on the same team as the rest of these losers

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Mcdavid was 40 pts in 39 games...and way down the lust in scoring leaders. We're paying him for more than this
McDavid wouldnt autograph a photo for you outside a bar at 3AM. Sound about right? Has to be something asinine like that for you to be so irrational about the best player in the league.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Flames put the nail in their coffin a long time ago by bailing out in like 5 must win games (but I thought games in March don't matter)? The BOA on Saturday is largely meaningless either way.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
maybe Tmac is forcing Chia to watch the player he acquired as a cautionary tale
He should be forced to watch.
That's your prize FA signing out there Chiarelli. Have a good look.
McLellan and Chiarelli are both idiots.
To think we actually had hope that this franchise had turned the corner.
We just added more incompetent and unprofessional staff to the mix.
Now its a great big stew of idiots. Is there even a competent person to be found in the entire organization?
I'd still take him over Eberle.
Hahahaha ... good one Bryan. :biglaugh:

Last edited:

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Flames put the nail in their coffin a long time ago by bailing out in like 5 must win games (but I thought games in March don't matter)? The BOA on Saturday is largely meaningless either way.

Flames are also down a bunch of guys due to injury, and there's always a deflation period after a team gets knocked out of the playoffs. It has all the makings of a rout. (just better hope Talbot doesn't start)

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I was more talking about other people. We all know why you hate him haha.
I don't even hate him. He's better than Caggiula.

But your logic is clear, and by that train of thought we all know why you are pumping Strome's tires so hard. Shame Eberle has made all his haters look 'not clever' with his performance this season.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I want to go 1-3 to finish the season. Just beat Calgary to put the nail in the coffin for their season. It would have been so much sweeter if that loss was the one that eliminated them from the playoffs.

I don't really agree. It would be like killing dead things..

Or beating a dead mule. It doesn't even qualify as mercy killing. Flames have been dead realistically for a couple weeks and are approaching remaining games like it.

This season can't be over fast enough for any Alberta clubs.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

But your logic is clear, and by that train of thought we all know why you are pumping Strome's tires so hard. Shame Eberle has made all his haters look 'not clever' with his performance this season.

Pumping his tires so hard? haha

I don't think I've made a serious post about Strome since about November.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I would think people might dislike Strome because as hard as he tries its like watching Homer Simpson try to score. The guy must lead the league in goal posts/missed shots to goals ratio. The strange thing is he's always been like this. The guy has bad karma or something. He's actually playing reasonably well. Nothing goes. But I don't expect any improved luck either around the net. You see this so many times. A guy with learned conditioning that he can't score and so reality just follows along.

Reactions: VainGretzky

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
My comment wasn't even really about Strome, necessarily.

I'm just saying that, with all the things deserving of hate in this organization, if you manage to work your way all the way down the totem pole to a 3rd line player and still have enough hate left over to also hate him, you're probably past the point where I would say being a fan of this team is good for your health.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Hating the trade does not mean hating on Strome , what part of this do people not understand, are people hating on Larsson because they hate that trade.
I don't like Strome because he's not very good. If they paid him to miss chance after chance and not contribute anything offensively then he'd be due for a raise.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Hating the trade does not mean hating on Strome , what part of this do people not understand, are people hating on Larsson because they hate that trade.

Yes plenty of people have hated on both players this season because they hated the trade. It's called projecting anger, and it happens a lot.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
He's paid to be more than a ppg player, but that's all we got until the Oilers were out of the playoffs.
Chiarelli (and all if us) banked on more than this. We're paying him to be a money player in money time.

Don't act like I'm the only one who is concerned with the pattern.

Ah, nope, you ARE the only one. I kind of hope you really are a troll, because if you actually believe the rubbish that you post about this, then you should be concerned about yourself, not McDavid.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He's paid to be more than a ppg player, but that's all we got until the Oilers were out of the playoffs.
Chiarelli (and all if us) banked on more than this. We're paying him to be a money player in money time.

Don't act like I'm the only one who is concerned with the pattern.
You should be more concerned with Talbot and Klefbom than you should with McDavid, he was scoring 40+% of our offense all year long, what do you expect him to do?

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I don't like Strome because he's not very good. If they paid him to miss chance after chance and not contribute anything offensively then he'd be due for a raise.

If you didn't like him solely based on that, you likely wouldn't call him "Cap Space" in mockery, which is a clear comment on the trade.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Disliking a player and disliking the trade are definitely different things. You can do one or both. I hate the Taylor Hall trade, but I like Adam Larsson. I hate the Eberle trade AND I dislike Ryan Strome as a player.

I would attempt to trade Ryan Strome's rights for scraps before I'd qualify him. That's not a commentary on the trade, that's me saying I don't think the player is useful @ 2.5-3M cap dollars. That he was traded for Jordan Eberle is something I put on Chiarelli, not Strome.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I would think people might dislike Strome because as hard as he tries its like watching Homer Simpson try to score. The guy must lead the league in goal posts/missed shots to goals ratio. The strange thing is he's always been like this. The guy has bad karma or something. He's actually playing reasonably well. Nothing goes. But I don't expect any improved luck either around the net. You see this so many times. A guy with learned conditioning that he can't score and so reality just follows along.
Strome is so vanilla its almost impossible to hate him.
It may be that he has some kind of learned conditioning like you say, but I think even more fundamentally, he just doesn't have big league finish. That slapshot he rang off the crossbar last night? Why even walk into it with that much velocity and risk the shot getting up on you? Why not make a safer shot? Its a dumb choice on his part imo. I see it a lot with him.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

Yeah pretty much, but it would be silly to ignore the people who hate players based on who they're traded for, which clearly is the case with some.

Personally everyone should hate that Eberle was traded. #Eberlefanboy #stillsad

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

I wouldn't consider myself a hater by any definition, but what exactly has Jordan done to silence anyone? He's put up a 50-60 point season while being part of a defensively flawed lottery bound team. He literally does that every year. He's a quality secondary scoring forward who gets paid like a primary one.

Reactions: nabob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad