Post-Game Talk: Canucks 1 @ Jets 5

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Bo Horvat’s impact to this team has never been so apparent. Anyone who doubts his abilities and his impact on this team...this is what we get.

Even if Sutter was healthy and playing in Horvat’s spit this would still be happening.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Looking a lot like Willie's Canucks.....come to think of it, it "is" Willie's Canucks!......interesting that before even the half-way mark of the season and all six of Jimbo's UFA signing are in the tank....Burmistrov can't play, at least according to the coach; Wiercioch is in the minors; Gagner an unmitigated disaster; Del Zotto decent for the first month, awful for the last month; and Vanek is reverting to past history. Nilsson is trending in the wrong direction.....unfortunately the way things are going, very few of them will even have much value at the trade deadline.

member 290103

Worst game I've seen in a while.

There is literally no reason to watch this team aside from Boeser.

Totally agree. Horvat's loss is just huge. I was enjoying watching these guys play for most of the start of the season, but now, it's like last year, plus Boeser. We are back to having to watch players like Chaput and Dowd - wonder when Megna gets the call up? Gotta be coming, no?

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Bo Horvat’s impact to this team has never been so apparent. Anyone who doubts his abilities and his impact on this team...this is what we get.

Even if Sutter was healthy and playing in Horvat’s spit this would still be happening.

Would Schneider have made the same impact for us as Horvat has? We needed that 1C badly...

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
We play some heavy contenders. Even if those teams play like crap their skill will out do anything we can manage.

It’s going to get ugly.
It was going to get ugly between now and early in new year even with Horvat, they were going to get exposed by the schedule. Now certain people will just pretend it was only because of the Horvat injury.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I have free tickets to Wednesday’s game and honestly will probably not even go. See what Netflix has on that day and decide. Team is so bad.

Boeser probably won’t even play after his foot blows up after he takes off his skate.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Would Schneider have made the same impact for us as Horvat has? We needed that 1C badly...

Schneider would have put this team in a worse spot because he brings solid goaltending. He would hurt our draft position sorely the last few years. If Gillis doesn’t do that trade, we don’t have a Pettersson etc

I do that trade every single time.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Totally agree. Horvat's loss is just huge. I was enjoying watching these guys play for most of the start of the season, but now, it's like last year, plus Boeser. We are back to having to watch players like Chaput and Dowd - wonder when Megna gets the call up? Gotta be coming, no?

POSTER TAKES CHAPUT FOR
GRANTED, MILLIONS OUTRAGED

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
See I'm not even the harshest critic of Green.

Yet some find my concerns...hmm what was that word..."hilarious"?

Well at least I'm providing entertainment to some.

The score tonight was pretty "hilarious" too.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Asssessment final time:

Boeser - good game tried his hardest but not much to work with
SEdins - Slow and got tired and outworked by a poor quality opponent
Vanek - tries and disappears but has some heart kinda grown on me
Virtanen - tries pretty hard you can see it just wish he was smarter or talented
Eriksson - one of his worse games ever. Should be benched or humiliated in a group setting
Gagner - Should quit hockey. The sooner the better
Burmur - Whats his point?
Granny - See Burmur comments
Dowd - See Granny comments
Gaunce - Meh i guess if he had better teammates hed be seen as a solid 4th liner. Not bad better then the rest of the bottom 6 crap
Chaput - See Dowd comments

Tanev - Workhorse. Wish others could learn from him
Edler - Please wave that NTC
De Zotto - Turned into a solid craptastic #8
Hutton - Flaky out there but probably our 3rd best dman
Stecher - Seems easily rattled
Pouliot - played like the first part of his name

Marky - Yikes

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I have free tickets to Wednesday’s game and honestly will probably not even go. See what Netflix has on that day and decide. Team is so bad.

Boeser probably won’t even play after his foot blows up after he takes off his skate.
So if Boeser is injured for any period of time whats the point in watching any more games?

Lets be honest 90% of the entertainment of this team is Boeser and Horvat

Reactions: Maukkis

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
We started the year as a decent team with a top line of Horvat Baertschi Boeser and that's been blown to hell and our other best line was the tremendous job Sutter Dorsett and Granlund were doing Thats also blown to hell.

The results are exactly what you would expect when you lack speed and any ability to win puck battles and keep top linesfrom running amock. A group of poor defensive soft complementary players.

This team is in big trouble.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I dunno, Winnipeg is pretty good. Also, much better game for the Canucks than Philly because they actually tried. Sedins played great.
Yes they're a big heavy fast team and their top6 is as good as anyone outside of Pittsburgh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad