Post-Game Talk: Canucks 1 @ Jets 5

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Del Zotto has progressively gotten worse.

Such a shame, I was actually starting to warm up to MDZ and TV. I thought OK they could either help the kids or be dealt for picks @ TDL for future considerations.

Sigh...why can't we have nice things.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Asssessment final time:

Boeser - good game tried his hardest but not much to work with
SEdins - Slow and got tired and outworked by a poor quality opponent
Vanek - tries and disappears but has some heart kinda grown on me
Virtanen - tries pretty hard you can see it just wish he was smarter or talented
Eriksson - one of his worse games ever. Should be benched or humiliated in a group setting
Gagner - Should quit hockey. The sooner the better
Burmur - Whats his point?
Granny - See Burmur comments
Dowd - See Granny comments
Gaunce - Meh i guess if he had better teammates hed be seen as a solid 4th liner. Not bad better then the rest of the bottom 6 crap
Chaput - See Dowd comments

Tanev - Workhorse. Wish others could learn from him
Edler - Please wave that NTC
De Zotto - Turned into a solid craptastic #8
Hutton - Flaky out there but probably our 3rd best dman
Stecher - Seems easily rattled
Pouliot - played like the first part of his name

Marky - Yikes
What do you mean when you say that Eriksson should be humiliated in a group setting?

Reactions: vancityluongo

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
The product on the ice is bad, even with our full roster.

This team is getting outperformed nightly by a roster full of misfits/castaways that nobody wanted down in Vegas. How can we justify playing our shitty hockey if there clearly is a way to play exciting hockey, even with players who are nothing more then complementary.

How many 2-1's does this team generate a game? How many goals off the rush? How many quick counter-strike goals do we get?

The style of hockey we are playing neuters any offense and it's infuriating.

/endrant

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Even if the BBB line is intact, this team still can't win consistent enough to be considered a threat in playoffs.

Like I said, other team just gotta send in their best D units and choke the life out of that line. There's almost nothing else left on the team.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Asssessment final time:

Boeser - good game tried his hardest but not much to work with
SEdins - Slow and got tired and outworked by a poor quality opponent
Vanek - tries and disappears but has some heart kinda grown on me
Virtanen - tries pretty hard you can see it just wish he was smarter or talented
Eriksson - one of his worse games ever. Should be benched or humiliated in a group setting
Gagner - Should quit hockey. The sooner the better
Burmur - Whats his point?
Granny - See Burmur comments
Dowd - See Granny comments
Gaunce - Meh i guess if he had better teammates hed be seen as a solid 4th liner. Not bad better then the rest of the bottom 6 crap
Chaput - See Dowd comments

Tanev - Workhorse. Wish others could learn from him
Edler - Please wave that NTC
De Zotto - Turned into a solid craptastic #8
Hutton - Flaky out there but probably our 3rd best dman
Stecher - Seems easily rattled
Pouliot - played like the first part of his name

Marky - Yikes
Wow right now there are about 5 players on this team i would put on waivers tomorrow.Eriksson and Ganger lead that list.
How could they both even justify the paychecks they are getting from this team.If i was getting that amount of money they are making,i would be emberassed to even take it.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
What do you mean when you say that Eriksson should be humiliated in a group setting?

Something like this

YOU SUCK!
iStock_000007836244Medium-300x263.jpg

money-rolling-in-for-rubio-florida-senator-marco

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If the Canucks are done by early January, you have to look at it as a positive. Trader Jim then needs to start moving bodies with no illusions about hanging around in the playoff race. The Canuck brain-trust must be thanking their lucky starts that Boeser has flourished....otherwise there wouldn't be a single reason to come to Rogers Arena and watch this team.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
The product on the ice is bad, even with our full roster.

This team is getting outperformed nightly by a roster full of misfits/castaways that nobody wanted down in Vegas. How can we justify playing our ****ty hockey if there clearly is a way to play exciting hockey, even with players who are nothing more then complementary.

How many 2-1's does this team generate a game? How many goals off the rush? How many quick counter-strike goals do we get?

The style of hockey we are playing neuters any offense and it's infuriating.

/endrant

Most of the defense is made up of defenders that can't defend, especially against a rush. They can't play an open style, they'd shatter to pieces.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Most of the defense is made up of defenders that can't defend, especially against a rush. They can't play an open style, they'd shatter to pieces.

As always, this team seems to be built out of individual pieces, with little consideration to any greater context when acquiring them.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
About as expected. Canucks don't get great goaltending and they're in for a face wash. Canucks have too many scrubs.

Good

Boeser - again good puck management. Worked better with the Sedins than the Sedins did with him

Stecher - only defenseman creating offense. Like to see him producing more results but at least getting to positions where this might be possible

Bad

Markstrom - seemed to lose it mentally which is very bad sign.

Granlund - enough already. Slept walked through another one. Rather see Chaput. Season is turning into a complete loss and hard to see him as a legit NHLer at this point. Can't beat anybody 1 on 1 and step slow in everything.

Gaunce - flat out too clumsy. Effort is there but only effective when moving straight ahead and isn't agile enough to response to situations were he needs to pivot quickly to control the puck. His inability to score at this level is becoming biblical. One assist in 15 games this year. And 1 goal (that went in off his backside) and 6 assists in 92 NHL games. That has be the lowest goals per game stat for any forward in Canuck history and probably in League history. Thought in this game that Virtanen did some good things and Gaunce could never get to a position to take advantage of this. In the run of things Gaunce can can look ok but in this game not taking advantage of situations where he might produce offense and ended up making hoper plays (not alone in this)

Dowd - didn't play much. But looked like if he had he would have played himself into the ugly category. Mid range AHL player off what we have seen so far.

Chaput - hustle was there but made critical mistakes

Burmistrov - must be a play maker to be a contributor and just isn't. Total non factor.

Ugly

Gagner - embarrassment. Put him on waivers and pray he is taken (won't be) - if not then send to the minors. Canuck fans shouldn't have to put up with this. Up to a -13.

Others

Vanek is not the type of player that create offense on his own. Very good finisher but needs an adequate center which he clearly doesn't have. Got dangerous in the third but that also led to some defensive issues

Hutton - had better game. Lot more conservative but fewer mistakes and turnovers.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Wow right now there are about 5 players on this team i would put on waivers tomorrow.Eriksson and Ganger lead that list.
How could they both even justify the paychecks they are getting from this team.If i was getting that amount of money they are making,i would be emberassed to even take it.
I dont hate millionaires for tricking billionaires out of their money. But if I owned a company and my CEO gave such ridiculous pay to such ineffective employees...

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
Gagner - embarrassment. Put him on waivers and pray he is taken (won't be) - if not then send to the minors. Canuck fans shouldn't have to put up with this. Up to a -13.

Couldn't agree more... maybe CB will take him back? One of those players that does JUST enough, a professional floater. Absolutely no pride in his game at all.

Absolutely has to be benched, has to be.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
The tank is on. Despite Brock's best efforts.

I feel bad for Green btw.

Please make us steak dinner. Here's a questionable burger patty that's been sitting in my fridge for 2 years and some cooking oil.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad