Confirmed with Link: Canes sign D Dmitry Orlov 2 x 7.75M

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Orlov can do a lot of things great. Prone to some brain farts but he carries the puck as well as any dman and confidently does some things skating with the puck in the o zone that few dmen will do. He's always kinda felt like a pretty talented jack of all trades in a lot of different areas. Not the same stylistically, but kinda like a better Seidenberg in that respect. He may not be your go to guy for any one thing but he can handle many things.

moses malone 12

Oct 19, 2020
Orlov can do a lot of things great. Prone to some brain farts but he carries the puck as well as any dman and confidently does some things skating with the puck in the o zone that few dmen will do. He's always kinda felt like a pretty talented jack of all trades in a lot of different areas. Not the same stylistically, but kinda like a better Seidenberg in that respect. He may not be your go to guy for any one thing but he can handle many things.
I thought he could play left or right d. Is this accurate?

Reactions: Ginger Papa

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Uh, i dont get this. This cap space could have been used for top level offence. I dont think defence was the thing.

Well, thwrw must be some trades coming i guess. Pesce gone?
I think we see either one of Skjei or Pesce out and the cap being used on forward help. Skjei would make more sense in terms of selling high and positional need (3 top LHD in the system now).

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Uh, i dont get this. This cap space could have been used for top level offence. I dont think defence was the thing.

Well, thwrw must be some trades coming i guess. Pesce gone?

The best place to upgarde scoring was always going to be the trade market. Might as well take the best D option in free agency to negate the blow of moving Pesce/Skjei in a forward trade.

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
I have learned with this group that you don’t judge the first moves of the off-season until they are done making them and the puzzle is complete

Regarding Orlov specifically, I really like this deal. As we all know based on his Washington days, this guy will fit like a glove in this system given how he excels in joining the rush. Will be curious to see how the final pairings shake out but i’ve got nothing negative to say about this signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad