Rumor: Canes looking what they can get for Teuvo?

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
As I said in the other thread, apparently the Hawks weren't just throwing him under the bus.

Bowman isn't perfect, but his track record is pretty good when it comes to self scouting.

Given the dozens of players he's traded away on ELCs or initial extensions, it's mind boggling to me that none of them have really come back to haunt the front office.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Given the dozens of players he's traded away on ELCs or initial extensions, it's mind boggling to me that none of them have really come back to haunt the front office.

It's actually amazing that this word can be used here and it's not an exaggeration in any way. There hasn't been a single one. As I said in another thread. It's almost like the FO knows what they're doing, huh?

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
It's actually amazing that this word can be used here and it's not an exaggeration in any way. There hasn't been a single one. As I said in another thread. It's almost like the FO knows what they're doing, huh?

And we know what's coming when a single one of these prospects meets or exceeds rosy projections...as if it diminishes the body of work in this department.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
What's there to discuss? If the rumors are true, the Canes are running into the same problems the Hawks had with Teuvo. Tantalizing talent with a questionable work rate. It says a lot when 2 teams are willing to give up on a young talent like Teuvo in less than 1 year.

To be fair to TT, I don't think the Hawks necessarily "gave up" on him, but they needed to give up something "good" for a team to take Bickell's contract.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
Too bad he still hasn't worked things out - I was so happy when we drafted him and have been a long time defender of his - I was quite disappointed when we traded him because I still had high hopes for him. I hope he figures things out - he's very skilled and I do think he has a decent career ahead of him if he can put it together.

It's so frustrating because the talent and IQ are definitely there, but he doesn't have the physical fortitude to play at a high level consistently in the NHL. I just don't think he's built for NA hockey.

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
....he was literally our best point producer in the SCF outside of Keith, and the best player on our best line that series.

Please.

And it was Vermette who scored the biggest goals and he was left to walk away.

TT is soft. S-O-F-T.

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
Luckily Schmaltz is looking more and more like the player I had hoped TT would be.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
He's shown more toughness and tenacity in his rookie season that TT did his entire time here. I do not miss TT and really the Hawks don't have any use for him.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Luckily Schmaltz is looking more and more like the player I had hoped TT would be.

Agreed. I was much higher on TT than Schmaltz and Schmaltz has shown more over this current stretch than TT ever did.

Plus, do really want a teams with Kane, TT, and Debrincat where you are always spreading out the small guys? I am not a Brian Burke truculence subscriber but too many little guys does create problems. I guess just overall I am not regretting the trade as much as I thought I would.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Unless something dramatic changes between the ears for TT than it's a moot point .. he could be 6.4,220 and still not be worth it.
A meerkat in amongst jackals, hyenas and lions just doesn't stand a chance.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Agreed. I was much higher on TT than Schmaltz and Schmaltz has shown more over this current stretch than TT ever did.

Credit Schmaltz work ethic. If Teravainen even had half of Kane's work ethic for example, he'd be one of the top players in the NHL. He's that talented, but he's also that lazy/unmotivated. I hope Schmaltz is everything and more from that point. He's off to a terrific start.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Does anyone see still think that Carolina are looking to trade TT after the season? If so, I wouldn't mind trading Crow for him. Don't get me wrong, I am big Crow fan but I also thing that Darling can take over the number one slot and be successful at a lot more of a cap hit. The Hurricanes have a huge need to upgrade at goalie and we have a pretty good trading relationship with them.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Does anyone see still think that Carolina are looking to trade TT after the season? If so, I wouldn't mind trading Crow for him. Don't get me wrong, I am big Crow fan but I also thing that Darling can take over the number one slot and be successful at a lot more of a cap hit. The Hurricanes have a huge need to upgrade at goalie and we have a pretty good trading relationship with them.

Why trade for a guy who isn't really suited for the NHL game?
Probably better to go for picks/prospects so that we gain more in cap space ( though I'm sure the other team would want to give some salary back )

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I wouldnt trade Crow for him, but if Carolina really doesnt want him, Id talk to them to see what his RFA rights might cost.

He's still a hugely talented and useful player that (KEY) Q trusted in most any situation.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I would prefer Hinostroza back rather than Teuvo. His speed and skill is a better upside I think.

Wha?

Hino is not on the same planet as Teuvo as far as skill, with or without the puck.

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
Hino is faster but Hino is not in the same tier skill-wise compared to TT.

Hey BK, I don't know. Except for 1 good series in the playoffs, TT didn't impress me that much. If he did realize his talent. most likely he would still be a Hawk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad