Rumor: Canes looking what they can get for Teuvo?

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Reaffirming at least ... it would appear the Hurricanes are realizing TT's
ceiling is maybe a little lower than anticipated.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Mentioned this in the trade speculation thread as well. BK must be salivating at this rumor. ;)

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
What's there to discuss? If the rumors are true, the Canes are running into the same problems the Hawks had with Teuvo. Tantalizing talent with a questionable work rate. It says a lot when 2 teams are willing to give up on a young talent like Teuvo in less than 1 year.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Mentioned this in the trade speculation thread as well. BK must be salivating at this rumor. ;)

Haha I would love to have him back but I am logical is what I would pay...6 1st, 3 2nds, and Kane. THIS IS OBVIOUSLY A JOKE.

Would he work with Hossa and Hartman?

What would he cost? TT and Ward for Crow and a 2nd?

I am still a fan of his but he does have is issues. Do I think he can still turn out to be really good? Hell yes I do.

Last edited:

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Haha I would love to have him back but I am logical is what I would pay...6 1st, 3 2nds, and Kane. THIS IS OBVIOUSLY A JOKE.

Would he work with Hossa and Hartman?

What would he cost? TT and Ward for Crow and a 2nd?

I am still a fan of his but he does have is issues. Do I think he can still turn out to be really good? Hell yes I do.

I don't think TT would be worth that cost mainly because to go into the playoffs with Ward and Darling might not be wise.
Carolina is going to want a 1st and prospect for him for sure.

HawkeyFanatic

Dec 15, 2007
N/A
I would trade back for him in a heart beat though.

Add talent to the 3rd or 4th line.

2nd pick + prospect?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Bleh. I wouldn't want him back, honestly. He's shown me nothing to say that he has resolved his issues as far as work ethic. If the Canes are having similar issues with him, and looking to dump him already, why would anyone want him back on the Hawks? Yeah, of course he has upside, but I don't ever see him putting it all together into the complete package. He prefers to golf rather than train, so let his NHL season be done early every year on a perennial non-playoff team, and he can golf all he wants.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Bleh. I wouldn't want him back, honestly. He's shown me nothing to say that he has resolved his issues as far as work ethic. If the Canes are having similar issues with him, and looking to dump him already, why would anyone want him back on the Hawks? Yeah, of course he has upside, but I don't ever see him putting it all together into the complete package.

I would take him for cheap, 2nd round pick next year? But that's about as far as I would go.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
poor innocent teuvo getting railroaded for no work ethic on the way out of here oh wait guess it was true

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I would take him for cheap, 2nd round pick next year? But that's about as far as I would go.

Maybe. I wouldn't want the Hawks to give up a single roster player/prospect for him. That's for sure.

I would still rather see some of these kids here playing instead of him. Look at the drive, and work ethic of these kids. Every single one of them pours their heart and soul into their game every night. They work hard. They try hard. Something that Teuvo has never done, with the exception of one playoff run. Give the kids a shot here. They earn it every night. Teuvo... well he had his shot, and pissed it away.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Bleh. I wouldn't want him back, honestly. He's shown me nothing to say that he has resolved his issues as far as work ethic. If the Canes are having similar issues with him, and looking to dump him already, why would anyone want him back on the Hawks? Yeah, of course he has upside, but I don't ever see him putting it all together into the complete package. He prefers to golf rather than train, so let his NHL season be done early every year on a perennial non-playoff team, and he can golf all he wants.

It looks to me that unless TT has a quick (and big) turnaround in his work ethic he will end up back in Europe.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It looks to me that unless TT has a quick (and big) turnaround in his work ethic he will end up back in Europe.

Not yet. He is still over a .5 ppg player in the NHL. I do agree he needs to figure it out sooner rather than later but he is still only 22.

Last edited:

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Let's not forget, Teuvo is a RFA this year. Even if we get him for cheap, he's probably going to cost some money to re sign.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I like TT but I'm really not all that interested and I doubt the organization is, either. I have a red flag going up with the them looking for the interest level in making a deal to get rid of him. I was someone who was critical of the organization for dragging him through the mud a bit on the way out. It felt like a little bit of PR spin to help distract from the fact that he was part of a package required to shed a really bad contract in Bickell's. I didn't doubt it was credible, because it was backed up by Timmonen a bit in a quote he had, if I recall, but it just felt kind of ugly to me at the time.

With all that said, with the way this team is rolling and the young guys who have stepped up and are getting it done, I am not sure where he fits right now. If it can be done for cheap without giving up a current rostered player worth a **** or one of the better prospects, sure, see what you can do. But I'm not pining for it, and I have my doubts the organization is all that interested given the sentiments on the way out, especially if Carolina is having a similar issue and that's why they're looking at interest levels in unloading him.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I like TT but I'm really not all that interested and I doubt the organization is, either. I have a red flag going up with the them looking for the interest level in making a deal to get rid of him. I was someone who was critical of the organization for dragging him through the mud a bit on the way out. It felt like a little bit of PR spin to help distract from the fact that he was part of a package required to shed a really bad contract in Bickell's. I didn't doubt it was credible, because it was backed up by Timmonen a bit in a quote he had, if I recall, but it just felt kind of ugly to me at the time.

With all that said, with the way this team is rolling and the young guys who have stepped up and are getting it done, I am not sure where he fits right now. If it can be done for cheap without giving up a current rostered player worth a **** or one of the better prospects, sure, see what you can do. But I'm not pining for it, and I have my doubts the organization is all that interested given the sentiments on the way out, especially if Carolina is having a similar issue and that's why they're looking at interest levels in unloading him.

I agree with this.

Obviously I would see his cost but not pay a huge amount.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
its crazy that he wouldnt even have a spot here anymore. does he play with the third line? or with toews when that line slows down??

Tuevo-Toews-Panik
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Hartman-Schmaltz-Hossa

looks solid

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
As I said in the other thread, apparently the Hawks weren't just throwing him under the bus.

Bowman isn't perfect, but his track record is pretty good when it comes to self scouting.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If it came down to TT or Schmaltz in the Bickell trade discussion, Bowman 100% chose the right player to keep. Pass on TT.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
As I said in the other thread, apparently the Hawks weren't just throwing him under the bus.

Bowman isn't perfect, but his track record is pretty good when it comes to self scouting.

One of his and Q's best attributes. They rarely give up a player unnecessarily that looks terrible down the road.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
If it came down to TT or Schmaltz in the Bickell trade discussion, Bowman 100% chose the right player to keep. Pass on TT.

if that was true, then i too agree that sb made the best call, schm over tt is easy the answer.

Rugbyplayer*

Mar 9, 2016
I wouldn't even give up a bucket of pucks for Teuvo. Hate lazy no heart and no drive and no work ethics kiddos who think that only talent is necessary to succeed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad