Rumor: Canes looking what they can get for Teuvo?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I wouldn't even give up a bucket of pucks for Teuvo. Hate lazy no heart and no drive and no work ethics kiddos who think that only talent is necessary to succeed.

Lets not go that far. He's still a .5 ppg player at 22. I think he's still a pretty good middle 6 forward on a cup contender. But man, it's really shocking that Carolina is shopping him. You'd think a young asset they got for basically a cap dump that is on pace for 40+ points wouldn't be shopped atm. Work ethic? Wants too much money? Money can't be it because iirc his agent said he was ready to resign a bridge deal at a pretty decent aav.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Reality is TT is proving to be a poor man's Versteeg and not a poor man's Kane

Still doesn't change reality Hawks lost him because of our GM's cap mismanagement

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
It's a work ethic problem. I personally always took issue with his seemingly ho-hum attitude on the ice. He never really looked into it or overly competitive out there. Just gliding around wishing there was more available ice because he wanted no part of the corners or physical competition.

Hard pass.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

Still doesn't change reality Hawks lost him because of our GM's cap mismanagement

**** happens. Bowman is reloading this roster way better than I imagined coming into the summer. This team is set for the next three years. And he's going to continue adding to the roster. I'm sure there are UDFA's and international players on his radar to supplement Forsling, DeBrincat, Sikura, Motte, Hayden, etc.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

I would say we lost him because Bickell had MS and no longer was an NHL player. I highly doubt we would have to package TT with Bickell if Bickell looked like half the player he did when he got that contract.

illinidrums

Feb 28, 2017
I would say we lost him because Bickell had MS and no longer was an NHL player. I highly doubt we would have to package TT with Bickell if Bickell looked like half the player he did when he got that contract.

I think that was Stan taking advantage of the perceived value he still had around the league. I think he already knew Q was moving on from him.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
No edge, no passion, no TT

Sorry, Hawks need jam at this point of the playoff drive tinkering process. Not a penalty guy like Ott, but somebody with some size and grit who will make opposing Dmen wince once in a while. TT is trending down----could be a Jurco reclamation project----4th rounder for him next year:)

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Id take Teuvo back in a heartbeat. Get on it Stan!

sugoi88

Feb 28, 2016
Had such high hopes for TT. Guess he's still young but what we're seeing from him the past 2 seasons just doesn't really gel with his performance in the 2015 playoff run. He looked fairly fearless then.
But in a game Oct. 2015 against Columbus Rychel got physical with him and Prout I think sucker punched him where I wondered what kind of effect that might have on him. But who is to say it did...
Maybe he's still a little green around the edges- who knows. Just have to give him major props during SCF 2015 because it is likely that without the smart play of that 3rd line the Hawks wouldn't have won. Wish him the best going forward

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL

Discuss what?

The fact he was traded, now appears to be shopped again for the same reasons he was traded in the first place?

TT has all the talent in the world but has no heart and no drive...

The only reason why he made it to the NHL was because of his talent.... There have been hundreds of guys that made it to the NHL with less than half of TT's talent because they had heart, perhaps not the skill but heart...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I remember posting this a year ago and got flamed big time. Oh well.

Flamed big time? Not at all. People questioned what you said for sure but you made the claim before anything came out. You had people who agreed with you as well. To be clear, you ended up being right after what Timmo has said and the egg he laid in the STL series.

Last edited:

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Flamed big time? Not at all. People questioned what you said for sure but you made the claim before anything came out. You had people who agreed with you as well. To be clear, you ended up being right after what Timmo has said and the egg he laid in the STL series.

I remember you posting this, then: So I think this is funny, Rosi has a brutal game and all MM or BH can talk about is TT and how be missed a saucer pass. BH I get because he obviously is what he is but MM you have claimed to have coached/played in 10k games but yet you can't see the real issues in the game and just focus on TT. The best part is that you observations are made up most of the time other than he needs to get stronger.

How is it that you can say you know so much and then miss so much? Or are you choosing to do so you can try to trigger people? Which wouldn't surprise me judging by some of you past posts of late.

I'm glad you edited your post to include the last sentence.

Maybe I know a thing or two about a thing or two.

Peace.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I remember you posting this, then: So I think this is funny, Rosi has a brutal game and all MM or BH can talk about is TT and how be missed a saucer pass. BH I get because he obviously is what he is but MM you have claimed to have coached/played in 10k games but yet you can't see the real issues in the game and just focus on TT. The best part is that you observations are made up most of the time other than he needs to get stronger.

How is it that you can say you know so much and then miss so much? Or are you choosing to do so you can try to trigger people? Which wouldn't surprise me judging by some of you past posts of late.

I'm glad you edited your post to include the last sentence.

Maybe I know a thing or two about a thing or two.

Peace.

I mean let's look at that in context. Missing a saucer pass is a real issue compared to Rosi having a terrible game? In the context of what was being discussed the thing you focused on had little impact on the game compared to Rosi having a terrible game. Not flaming at all so I stand by my comment.

As I have already admitted that I was wrong about TT's work ethic but let's not act like you were actually objective in your observations of him either. I over-valued his skill set and you undervalued it, simple as that.

While I get and agree that TT is not perfect to say "hard pass" on a player that would be on upgrade on this team is funny to me.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I mean let's look at that in context. Missing a saucer pass is a real issue compared to Rosi having a terrible game? In the context of what was being discussed the thing you focused on had little impact on the game compared to Rosi having a terrible game. Not flaming at all so I stand by my comment.

As I have already admitted that I was wrong about TT's work ethic but let's not act like you were actually objective in your observations of him either. I over-valued his skill set and you undervalued it, simple as that.

While I get and agree that TT is not perfect to say "hard pass" on a player that would be on upgrade on this team is funny to me.

How did I undervalue TT? He was a throw in for Canes to take BB and his contract. Now Canes are unhappy with him as well.

Undervalued? I think I hit the nail right on the head.:)

I don't think he is an upgrade, I don't think the kid's a winner. More skill than Hartman but Hartman's got what TT lacks a fully developed sack area.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
How did I undervalue TT? He was a throw in for Canes to take BB and his contract. Now Canes are unhappy with him as well.

Undervalued? I think I hit the nail right on the head.:)

I don't think he is an upgrade, I don't think the kid's a winner. More skill than Hartman but Hartman's got what TT lacks a fully developed sack area.

He was literally THE reason the Canes took Bickell so you clearly undervalued his skill set if you say he is a throw in.

It is funny that you say he is not a winner but his play in the WCF and SCF were reasons why the Hawks won the cup in 2015. He has actually been a strong performer in spotlight type situation his whole hockey career till the St Louis series. Wouldn't this be the definition of a winner?

Your argument was pretty valid till now because this post is factually incorrect. Work ethic issue? 100% correct and verified. Not a winner? 100% incorrect Throw in for Bickell? 100% incorrect.

I don't disagree with the Hartman comment...maybe the mandatory military service will help?

Last edited:

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
We have literally no idea what Hartman will do in the playoffs.

TT showed plenty im the playoffs in 2015. He showed less in 2016 on a relatively bad team.

I dont buy that Q gave up on TT, as TT was his go-to guy to plug literally any and every hole in the forward lineup. I think Q woukd welcome him back.

If its affordable, you bring TT back ten out of ten times.

Last edited:

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
Reaffirming at least ... it would appear the Hurricanes are realizing TT's
ceiling is maybe a little lower than anticipated.

Nah, it's not his work ethic, it's that he light as a paper clip and soft as Charmin.

No thanks. I'm glad he's gone. He's not the type player you win championships with.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Nah, it's not his work ethic, it's that he light as a paper clip and soft as Charmin.

No thanks. I'm glad he's gone. He's not the type player you win championships with.

The Hawks literally won a Stanley Cup with him....

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

....he was literally our best point producer in the SCF outside of Keith, and the best player on our best line that series.

Pile

May 5, 2015
Chicago
A lot of people saying TT has no drive and I'd say I disagree. Analogously I'd say he's more like a baseball player who's scared of getting hit by a pitch. You play in fear, you'll never be able to tap your maximum potential. His fear for his well being is what keeps him from the dirty areas and making the tough plays. If he didn't have drive he never would have made the NHL.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Too bad he still hasn't worked things out - I was so happy when we drafted him and have been a long time defender of his - I was quite disappointed when we traded him because I still had high hopes for him. I hope he figures things out - he's very skilled and I do think he has a decent career ahead of him if he can put it together.

Elephant Igloo

Jan 11, 2017
Carolina seems to be a good dumping ground for these wispy little finesse Euros with gaping holes in their game: Teuvo, Alex Semin, Viktor Stalberg, any foreigner the Detroit Red Wings put on waivers...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad