Rumor: Canadiens interested in offer sheeting Laine

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Exactly.......bring on that weak Habs OS.....doing us a favour. Haha

The players have to accept the offer sheets... If they are willing to take the offer from Montreal, then they'd be willing to take those weak offers from their own teams.

Parise and Subban, for example, received and rejected offer sheets as RFAs. It's not automatic.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Lol by tuesday carolina will have lost their best player if they havent finally signed the papers and also if laine is going to sign an OS he will simply wait thus carolina has zero effect at all

Was the offer on Monday? I thought it was Tuesday. Either way, the Canes waiting the entire 7 day period means the Habs were locked out of making offer sheets during that time. Everybody knows it, it's why all the GMs with pending RFAs asked Waddell to wait.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
For me personally I don’t think they would.
Laine has a rough year, and it seems like teams are figuring out how to stop him from scoring. Plus Winnipeg could get a nice little haul of draft picks and cap space to use to make their team better.

What would the compensation be for a 10.5M contract anyway?

I think two 1st round picks, one 2nd, and one 3rd

Reactions: SteadyFreddie

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
For me personally I don’t think they would.
Laine has a rough year, and it seems like teams are figuring out how to stop him from scoring. Plus Winnipeg could get a nice little haul of draft picks and cap space to use to make their team better.

What would the compensation be for a 10.5M contract anyway?
Compensation for that at 5 year term is 2 1sts a 2nd and a 3rd

Reactions: SteadyFreddie

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
When Laine signs the offersheet.
Bergevin : "Laine wants to be here. He wants to be part of the Montreal Canadiens"
Winnipeg Jets matches the offersheet.
Bergevin : "God damn it.. well s***.. Who's next in my notes guys ? Marner, Point or Rantanen?"
Repeat..

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
so all he's doing is shortening everyone's 8yr potential contracts to 5

Thank you. I wish more people would understand what's at stake here.

Star RFA's no longer sign for 7-8 years like McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Schefele...they want 5 years like Matthews and Aho. Teams are now at risk of losing their superstars to free agency 3 years sooner than before, near the beginning of their prime. That's huge.

The Aho deal was NOT a good deal for the Canes, which is why they didn't want to offer it and he had to sign the Habs offer.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Was the offer on Monday? I thought it was Tuesday. Either way, the Canes waiting the entire 7 day period means the Habs were locked out of making offer sheets during that time. Everybody knows it, it's why all the GMs with pending RFAs asked Waddell to wait.
Again if a player wants to sign an offer sheet he will simply wait until montreal can do so what effect other than delaying which is useless btw because the player will wait is carolina causing im interested in hearing your answer

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
All the other GMs apparently give a ****
The offer-sheet was on Monday the 1st.
And also about the ruthless comment, regardless if it works or not it's still ruthless. He's just not caring what other's think or care, which is essentially the meaning of the word

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
350byr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad