Rumor: Canadiens interested in offer sheeting Laine

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Bergevin going full villain? :laugh:

I kind of want Bergevin to go public and say Montreal is looking to add an impact player and are offering Aho-style contracts straight to UFA with max bonus money up front. Don't name names, just say that's what he's offering. Let the players call their agents and tell them to reach out. Most teams will match but eventually someone won't.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Please be Marner, would be a death blow to hfboard servers lmao.

agreed!

giphy.gif

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I kind of want Bergevin to go public and say Montreal is looking to add an impact player and are offering Aho-style contracts straight to UFA with max bonus money up front. Don't name names, just say that's what he's offering. Let the players call their agents and tell them to reach out. Most teams will match but eventually someone won't.
I'm totally ok with stepping it up to the next level compensation wise for the right player too. (Point, Marner, Rantanen?). Wish he would have done it with Aho

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
There should be more offer sheets, it would make things so much more interesting. Winnipeg seems to have a lot of cap space though, so they should have no problem matching. Why not target Point instead? Tampa is right up against the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad