Not open for further replies.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
69583E22-4618-4515-A19B-77037824FA99.jpeg

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Would winnipeg match a 5 years x 10.5 M offer?

I cant see the habs going over that and giving up four 1st round picks for him

Reactions: Vachon23

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Hmm. I would go after the more desperate cap strapped team. I feel like Winnipeg has more flexibility/assets to make anything work.

Last edited:

slybel

Jan 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Should I be worried.... I am only 80km from Montreal.... Is the water safe?

so... 11.5 for 7? 4 1st picks? Why I ask...

YOU get an Offer sheet....

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
I honestly highly doubt that Montreal sends another offer sheet - it just doesn't give a good message to the world. You can always threaten them but I trade can always be worked out as well
well you are wrong, they are for sure gonna fire another one off

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
He's the 7th longest tenured GM in the NHL, Montreal has missed the play-offs in 3 of the last 4 seasons and he's been progressively more aggressive in making moves. Pretty clear he DGAF.
I've always felt like he's not risk averse lke 90% of the GMs in the NHL, but now he's getting to the point where he's being ruthless and it's hilarious

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
Have the Canes officially matched the offer for Aho? Would be interesting if the Habs had to pay out for Laine and Aho and give up all those compensation picks.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Better offer 10 minimun then.

He gave Carolina a steal on Aho.

Carolina was perfectly capable of giving him that contract too. It's not like Aho had no choice, he could have rejected the contract. I don't understand this talk about him having helped them out when there was literally nothing stopping them from giving Aho exactly that contract.

Plus, while the AAV is great, the contract sucks. All the money up front and straight to UFA. Not sure why any team would be happy with that, it sucks.

I hate Bergevin by the way, I think he's a f***ing moron.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
If it’s anything like the Aho offer then teams will gladly let Bergevin negotiate contracts for them lol

Exactly.......bring on that weak Habs OS.....doing us a favour. Haha

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013

10.5 would be below the 4 1st round pick threshold, they will match anything that isn't 4 1st round picks.

Reactions: Flair Hay

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Actually, it'll happen on Tuesday, and Carolina has everything to do with that.
Lol by tuesday carolina will have lost their best player if they havent finally signed the papers and also if laine is going to sign an OS he will simply wait thus carolina has zero effect at all

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Have the Canes officially matched the offer for Aho? Would be interesting if the Habs had to pay out for Laine and Aho and give up all those compensation picks.
It doesn't work that way, they can't offer sheet both of them. They will have to wait until the Canes match or not before signing another player to an offer sheet with those picks.

Reactions: Canadiens Ghost

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
it's not as if Marner wouldn't be a good fit in Montreal, Bergevin has always been a cheap GM

small time deals, waiver pickups, screwing people out of a "moral victory" 4th rd pick type of a GM

given that, even if he knows his best chance at landing an RFA would be Marner as TO would be hard pressed to match a $12m figure (i'm not debating if Toronto would or wouldn't match - calm down leafs), but giving up 4 first round picks is NOT Bergevin's style

nor is it his style to give 2 first rounders for Aho or Laine

so all he's doing is shortening everyone's 8yr potential contracts to 5 lol

to me this is so Pejorative Slured i can't express it in words (literally i can't, it gets censored)

SteadyFreddie

Jun 11, 2018

For me personally I don’t think they would.
Laine has a rough year, and it seems like teams are figuring out how to stop him from scoring. Plus Winnipeg could get a nice little haul of draft picks and cap space to use to make their team better.

What would the compensation be for a 10.5M contract anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad