Canadian players which are MISTAKES on the roster thus far

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProngerRocks

Feb 7, 2006
lennie said:
Your constant Bertuzzi bashing is becoming obvious and boring. Time to move on to something else ;)

I can do what i want. If bertuzzi would actually play well i wont bash him - besides if your going to support him - then i think you need to check your head.

Kitscanucks

Aug 12, 2005
ProngerRocks said:
I can do what i want. If bertuzzi would actually play well i wont bash him - besides if your going to support him - then i think you need to check your head.

Do ou know anything about hockey! You are completely out of it. Your hate on for bertuzzi is pathetic.

I am not a bertuzzi apologist, he has been awful at times for the canucks and at times unstoppable. He has played reasonable in the Olympics but could and should be alot better - AS SHOULD SAKIC IGINLA THORNTON NASH LECAVALIER ST LOUIS etc all of the forwards have been brutal at some point or another in the games so far.

PS - Bertuzzi took a penatly when we were on the power play which is bad - BUT no one seemed to comment on Iginla's penalty late in the same game when Canada is trying desperately to score WHICH is just as bad...

Please refrain from posting cause your posts are a joke

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Rocky Saginuts said:
Have you ever seen a game of "ice-hockey"????

McCabe is playing scared out there - that is why he's playing only 3 minutes for crissakes!!! Well, in his 3 mins, he was on the ice for 1 goal, in the box for another, and drunk the rest of the time.

What game are you referring to ? Because those events did not happen in one game.

In fact, McCabe's penalties have not lead to a goal being scored by the opposition.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Just wanted to say kudos to the Smyth - Lecavalier - St. Louis line and also to JayBo and Pronger, all of them played well today.

Good to see them step their game up

Chadley

The Big Dirty
Sep 19, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
ProngerRocks said:
bertuzzi's boneheaded play to instead of taking the puck and charging at a czech player in the neutral zone created the czech second goal.

Pffft, why? because Hrudey says so?

Brodeur should of had that anyways.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
ProngerRocks said:
the only people who think bertuzzi is playing well are canuck fans - i think some people need to take off their homer googles..but hey we all know a canuck player can never do no wrong - bertuzzi is the victim ! steve moore is greedy !

try reading the thread and looking at the posters. I mean please... before making blanket statements, actually find out the fact first.

Zaddik

ProngerRocks said:
makes complete sense - bertuzzi has been nothing short of aweful in these olympics - taking dumb penalties and costing canada goals with his foot in the crease. the fact that people think he has been playing good comparing it to his play in Vancouver shows you how awefull he has been with Vancouver? get it - he raises his game for the olympics - people who watch him notice it - but people with knowledge who are watching him for the first time this year - see how brutal he is.

this team wins nothing with bertuzzi on the team

You are probably one of the most illogical poster on these boards. Let me guess... Flames fan?

Bertuzzi has been producing and effective. Does it matter where he gets his points? No! he is getting the job done: standing in front of the net and being a big body that nobody can move. He has four penalty minutes and you're coming off as if he had 100 PM in five games.

Give me a break. Stop trolling.

Zaddik

Captain Conservative said:
Its all about point of view. From my point of view, its ridiculous that the most talented hockey team on the planet would stoop to include a man who tried to kill another man with his bare hands. I am rooting against team canada, the sole reason being Bertuzzi's inclusion.

please tell me you're joking

Chandler55

Mar 9, 2004
BlueAndWhite said:
What game are you referring to ? Because those events did not happen in one game.

In fact, McCabe's penalties have not lead to a goal being scored by the opposition.

Yeah, well penalties are still penalties. We can't just say hey look we didn't get the gold medal because Pat Quinn spat his gum out by accident and caused a change in the environment which led to the Czech goal and blame Quinn cause of that.

lennie

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
ProngerRocks said:

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: Thats all I can really think of know.

Please don't stop posting. Your insight really gives balance to these homerish posters ;)

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
To absolutely nobody without blue and white glasses on suprise McCabe comes in with the worst +/- on the team and has taken 9 minor penalties in 5 games. Go Quinn! Maybe we can get Dumi on the team next time.

Coburnfan05

Feb 20, 2004
SOB Southern Ontario
Flyguy_1ca said:
Mistakes:

Draper
Bertuzzi
Smyth
Regehr
McCabe

Hell if Ryan Smyth were in a wheel chair I would still give Captain Canada a spot on the roster. He has been arguably Canadas most loyal player over his career and his talent not his pedigree makes him a worthy selection.

Draper - While I like his defensive smarts, there are enough players on this team who have good enogh defensive awarness and smarts to play his role.

My replacement - Eric Staal

Bertuzzi - While he has been good at times, I would have rather had a power forward who is more consistent and takes less dumb *** penalties.

My replacement - Brendan Shanahan

St.Louis - Is not living up to his 2003/2004 form and on a personal note I just think he is overrated.

My replacemant - Steve Sullivan or Paul Karyia (Yes I would have put these guys on the team before Crosby or Spezza).

McCabe - I know he has had a good offensive season and has a hell of a shot, but man I would take someone who can actually play defense and not turn the puck over.

My Replacement - Scott Hannan/Dion Phaneuf.

Finally, although not areplacement but Turco should have seen some action. I personbally would have had him #2 over Loungo.

SirMcJesusThe1st

Jul 10, 2003
Edmonton
I think the only guys that were actually "mistakes" were guys currently having poor seasons. Guys who haven't played well in over 2 years. Why would Iginla suddenly start being dominant again? when he hasn't in years. Why would Bertuzzi become a high scoring power forward again? I'm pretty sure we have some younger up and coming guys who would be much more productive.

Why the hell Draper is on this team I really do not know. I questioned that one from the beginning.

It would be nice for guys like Regehr, Foote, and Mccabe to step it up. Guys like Pronger/Blake are playing a tonne of minutes on big ice, rarely having even a day off. Both are playing somewhat injured too. Our defensive depth is really lacking. (never thought i'd have to say that before)

Chadley

The Big Dirty
Sep 19, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
GagsIsDaMan said:
Hell if Ryan Smyth were in a wheel chair I would still give Captain Canada a spot on the roster. He has been arguably Canadas most loyal player over his career and his talent not his pedigree makes him a worthy selection.

Draper - While I like his defensive smarts, there are enough players on this team who have good enogh defensive awarness and smarts to play his role.

My replacement - Eric Staal

Bertuzzi - While he has been good at times, I would have rather had a power forward who is more consistent and takes less dumb *** penalties.

My replacement - Brendan Shanahan

St.Louis - Is not living up to his 2003/2004 form and on a personal note I just think he is overrated.

My replacemant - Steve Sullivan or Paul Karyia (Yes I would have put these guys on the team before Crosby or Spezza).

McCabe - I know he has had a good offensive season and has a hell of a shot, but man I would take someone who can actually play defense and not turn the puck over.

My Replacement - Scott Hannan/Dion Phaneuf.

Finally, although not areplacement but Turco should have seen some action. I personbally would have had him #2 over Loungo.

OH NOES HE HAS TWO PENALITES!!! OH NOES!

Pronger has tkane alot of dumbass penalties, and I don't see you talking about him.

jacketracket*

Captain_Cunney said:
Relax on the cry'n, nash has been awful and deserves the critisism. I love the guy and I've loved him since he played Jr. here in London, but he has been very disappointing this tourny.

Take off the Homer shades - the critisism is well warranted. Heatley has been mediocore also and I'm not gonna run around and trash people for being down on him just because I'm a sens fan :shakehead .

But basically, I think everyone on this team except for Doan, Broduer, and Richards have been either somewhat dissapointing or fully useless.
Cuppy things ... the poster I responded to was bagging Nash as a choice before the games, citing --- among other things --- a lack of success in international play.

Secondly, Nash hasn't been any worse than any other Canadian player in this international tourney.

Coburnfan05

Feb 20, 2004
SOB Southern Ontario
Shibster31 said:
OH NOES HE HAS TWO PENALITES!!! OH NOES!

Pronger has tkane alot of dumbass penalties, and I don't see you talking about him.

Pronger is much more valuable to team Canada then Bertuzzi...And Bertuzzi has not had a great year thus far. He has been very inconsistent and taken many dumb penalties throughout the year....Hence I am sure he will take 1 on Wednesday.

Your Opinion is your opinion but I still think Shanahan would have been a better fit and they play the same style of game.

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
GagsIsDaMan said:
Pronger is much more valuable to team Canada then Bertuzzi...And Bertuzzi has not had a great year thus far. He has been very inconsistent and taken many dumb penalties throughout the year....Hence I am sure he will take 1 on Wednesday.

Your Opinion is your opinion but I still think Shanahan would have been a better fit and they play the same style of game.

Hmm let's see, Jerome Iginla is the same points and +/- as Bertuzzi but in the regular season only has 44 points to Bertuzzi's 53. So by your logic Todd Bertuzzi deserves a spot on Team Canada more than Iginla does.

Don't throw stones when you live in glass houses

Chadley

The Big Dirty
Sep 19, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
vanlady said:
Hmm let's see, Jerome Iginla is the same points and +/- as Bertuzzi but in the regular season only has 44 points to Bertuzzi's 53. So by your logic Todd Bertuzzi deserves a spot on Team Canada more than Iginla does.

Don't throw stones when you live in glass houses

Hmmm, I was just going to point that out lol

rad_sci_guy

Aug 17, 2005
Thornhill
GagsIsDaMan said:

Just goes to show you how biased people can be when they stare facts in the face and still twist the story to fit there needs. In the first 4 games Pronger took more dumb penalities than the entire team Canada did. Yet it's ok cuz "he's more valuable" cuz he's not Bertuzzi the most hated hockey player in the history of the world.

Based on your own criteria Prongers season hasn't been that good for him and has taken more dumb penalties thus shouldn't be here.

I'll give you your biased as an opinion but at least be honest about why you don't want the guy here. His play isn't the reason you want him off when you say things like "i'm sure he'll get one bad penalty next game" :loony:

Assasin05

Nov 20, 2005
SHANE DOAN

Only on the team cause he's Gretzky's Captain

At least Bertuzzi > Doan

But yah, replace Draper and Doan with Staal and Spezza respectively

Ironchef Chris Wok*

GagsIsDaMan said:
Hell if Ryan Smyth were in a wheel chair I would still give Captain Canada a spot on the roster.

Ryan Smyth in a wheelchair would still finish more checks than most of Team Canada at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad