Canadian players which are MISTAKES on the roster thus far

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Smyth2Hemsky said:
Pronger is also playing injured and him and Blake are playing half the game on the big ice surface playing 4 games in 5 nights. What's Bertuzzi's excuse?
How is Bertuzzi playing bad? He along with Richards, Doan and maybe Gagne have been the ONLY forwards creating anything.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
ProngerRocks said:
makes complete sense

Only to those on whacky weed.

" the fact that most canuck fans think Bertuzzi has been one of canada's best fowards shows you how bad he really has been playing this year."

Your "fact" and the conclusion are unrelated. Joining them does not make sense. Bertuzzi could be the best player on TC and the worst on the Canucks. Bertuzzi could be the best player on the Canucks and the worst on TC. And what Canucks fans think won't change whether or not Bertuzzi is playing well or poorly. Bertuzzi could be playing poorly at the olympics and everyone else could be worse, making him one of canada's best fowards

But perhaps you meant something else

bertuzzi has been nothing short of aweful in these olympics - taking dumb penalties and costing canada goals with his foot in the crease. the fact that people think he has been playing good comparing it to his play in Vancouver shows you how awefull he has been with Vancouver? get it - he raises his game for the olympics - people who watch him notice it - but people with knowledge who are watching him for the first time this year - see how brutal he is.

Why didn't you say so. Just goes to show the overall poor effort being given out by most if not all of the team, including coaching, when one of the teams "better" forwards is brutal and "awefull".

this team wins nothing with bertuzzi on the team

Mine turn. Let me state "This team wins nothing with Pronger or Smyth on it". I've got just much chance to be right.

expensivedirt

Apr 28, 2004
Vancouver
Wow, I must say the mindless bashing of Bertuzzi and McCabe is quite sad.

Most people don't even note WHY they think they were a mistake.

"taking dumb penalties" for Bertuzzi? He has taken a whopping 2 PENALTIES! Unbelievable! The fact that you think his leading the team in points with 3 assists aren't worth much because they were assists shows how much you know about hockey. Must be tough not to have actually registered his assists were all great passes. You should go back to watch the games because seriously, ur blinders have blocked off most of the game.

McCabe simply HASN'T been used properly and has been given limited time. I don't see him as being a problem as I feel he has been solid. Regehr on the other hand who I'm actually a fan of has been beaten by speedy forwards and has trouble checking players against the board *especially behind his own net*. I wish him luck though.

All in all, most of this thread is composed of guys with blinders mindless bashing players who they have a bias on regardless of their play or not. I swear if Bertuzzi had 10 goals for 10 points they'd whine he puckhogged and wasn't passing. Selfish oaf! :propeller

AgentNaslund*

The Defence is not as fast as Before. Jovo, Brewer, and Neidermeyer were guys that can fly in the big ice surface. Brewer's a below average skilled defencemen but he thrives on the big ice and so does Jovo. THis time around, NO Brewer, No Jovo, No Neidermeyer is a huge lost. OUr defence was built on both speed size and skilled. Those 3 guys provided the much needed speed, and now all 3 of them are not even there.

Ironchef Chris Wok*

"taking dumb penalties" for Bertuzzi? He has taken a whopping 2 PENALTIES! Unbelievable!

One took us off a PP and was utterly moronic.

McCabe simply HASN'T been used properly and has been given limited time. I don't see him as being a problem as I feel he has been solid.

He hasn't done anything.

Regehr on the other hand who I'm actually a fan of has been beaten by speedy forwards and has trouble checking players against the board *especially behind his own net*. I wish him luck though.
He's had a tough tourney, but he's better than what he's playing at right now. I also wish him luck.

All in all, most of this thread is composed of guys with blinders mindless bashing players who they have a bias on regardless of their play or not. I swear if Bertuzzi had 10 goals for 10 points they'd whine he puckhogged and wasn't passing. Selfish oaf! :propeller

It's not WHO WE PICKED. I would have done a few thigns differently, but I'd take this team to war any day. It's HOW we're playing that' the problem.

DUMP CHASE AND DIG. It's how they're beating us

expensivedirt

Apr 28, 2004
Vancouver
I mean, who hasn't taken a dumb penalty this tourney?

The fact that McCabe hasn't done anything means that at least he hasn't hurt the team! Cheers! The way i feel is that offensive contributions is a bonus when your brought in from the taxi squad. We can't expect him to produce tons of points if he gets little to none PP time.

Rakiet*

I really wouldn't mind having Niedermayer in the line-up for the next match even though we're winning

guzzy

Jul 6, 2005
Flyguy_1ca said:
Mistakes:

Draper
Bertuzzi
Smyth
Regehr
McCabe
Have you watched this tournament?

Draper has done very well in the role he has been playing. Bertuzzi has been good also. Smyth has been consistent and deserving to be there. McCabe shouldn't be there. Regehr had two great games and two bad games. Pronger and Blake have had 4 bad games prior to today. I didn't watch todays but it sounded like we had no passion or jump again.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
guzzy said:
Have you watched this tournament?

Draper has done very well in the role he has been playing. Bertuzzi has been good also. Smyth has been consistent and deserving to be there. McCabe shouldn't be there. Regehr had two great games and two bad games. Pronger and Blake have had 4 bad games prior to today. I didn't watch todays but it sounded like we had no passion or jump again.

Draper has done well in his scoring role on the first and second lines? Are you kidding me?

Vinceee

Go Foreurs Go!
Apr 27, 2004
Amos, QC
Shibster31 said:
Canucks fans eh. I think I've seen fans from other teams say he's playing well.

Bertuzzi is playing well but could use his body more...
Iginla is playing like crap

Last edited:

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
I say this only half-jokingly, but every guy over 6'3"!

Start with Thornton. He was the best player in the World Cup '04, but he is just floating around out there - he makes Jason Allison look like a speedster!

Bert has been useless. Heatley is ineffective. Nash is goal-sucking per usual. Pronger, McCabe and Regehr look drunk.

That's it. Next Olympics we're having a height restriction!!!!! :teach:

ProngerRocks

Feb 7, 2006
bertuzzi's boneheaded play to instead of taking the puck and charging at a czech player in the neutral zone created the czech second goal.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Regehr is probably the worst selection. His style of play simply doesn't work at all on big ice. Invite him to World Cups for sure but don't bring him to the Olympics again.

lennie

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
ProngerRocks said:
bertuzzi's boneheaded play to instead of taking the puck and charging at a czech player in the neutral zone created the czech second goal.

Your constant Bertuzzi bashing is becoming obvious and boring. Time to move on to something else ;)

Captain_Cunney

Sep 26, 2005
Bowling Alley
Epsilon said:
Regehr is probably the worst selection. His style of play simply doesn't work at all on big ice. Invite him to World Cups for sure but don't bring him to the Olympics again.

I'll agree with this, the guy is awesome but his style doesn't suit the big ice. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if he steps his game up huge in the QF.

The player I'm most disappointed with has to be Nash. I really thought he would be our best forward on the team and he has done nothing but pick cherries and ride the pine (rightfully so). It is kind of ironic as he would be part of the "youth movement" that so many were wanting.

I just heard something funny on the FAN590, they were talking about how Quinn might be the problem. If you look at how much better his players (Kaberle, Sundin, Berg) are playing at the Olympics with a different coach and how the players he has now are sucking it up.....maybe he is the problem. :dunno:

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
Epsilon said:

I agree. Foote's style doesn't really suit the ice well either.

I can't help but imagine how much Niedermayer would change the complexity of the defense. It's futile to discuss the "what ifs", I realize, it's just too bad because this defensive corps can't get it done it seems.

jacketracket*

ferns8916 said:
I think Kariya should have replaced either Nash or St.Louis.

He is a better player than both of them. He has much more success in International competition than both of them. He is more experienced and clutch than both of them.

Although, with St.Louis, it is debatable because he has won the Stanley Cup and the Art Ross Trophy. Nash though? No question Kariya should have been picked before him.
You are truly a visionary.

7 pages of thread and you're the only person to flag Nash (other than the guy who reasoned "I just don't like him"). How astute the two of you are ...

King of Kelvington

Aug 3, 2002
My pick is Nash, he's 3 steps behind every player on the ice...hes not in mid season form, nor should he have been expected to be...

To those who have named McCabe, your ignorance is showing, hes playing 3 mins a game, if you really think he has had any impact with the ice time he is getting, you better take you anti-leaf glassess off and wake the #$%* up. ;)

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
Epsilon said:
This has to be due to age and breaking down. Foote was the best Canadian defenseman in 1998 and arguably the best in 2002 as well.

I haven't watched many of his games back home, what's his season like? I thought he was still playing well enough - a lot of people seemed excited that he was renamed to Team Canada.

King of Kelvington

Aug 3, 2002
ProngerRocks said:

I thnk you can blame the second goal on Marty, unless of course Bert was shooting from the grassy knoll.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
WCJr said:
My pick is Nash, he's 3 steps behind every player on the ice...hes not in mid season form, nor should he have been expected to be...

To those who have named McCabe, your ignorance is showing, hes playing 3 mins a game, if you really think he has had any impact with the ice time he is getting, you better take you anti-leaf glassess off and wake the #$%* up. ;)

Rick Nash is also playing 3 minutes a game. McCabe has been bad. He took more stupid penalties today. The one play I give him credit for was the one scramble around Brodeur where he lay down in the crease and practically did a snow-angel. That was a good call, could've saved a goal.

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
WCJr said:

Have you ever seen a game of "ice-hockey"????

McCabe is playing scared out there - that is why he's playing only 3 minutes for crissakes!!! Well, in his 3 mins, he was on the ice for 1 goal, in the box for another, and drunk the rest of the time.

I vote that we send McCabe and Regehr down the two-man luge without helmets, and get Boyle in there (he's no Bobby Orr, but he can play a high speed game). :propeller

Captain_Cunney

Sep 26, 2005
Bowling Alley
jacketracket said:
You are truly a visionary.

7 pages of thread and you're the only person to flag Nash (other than the guy who reasoned "I just don't like him"). How astute the two of you are ...

Relax on the cry'n, nash has been awful and deserves the critisism. I love the guy and I've loved him since he played Jr. here in London, but he has been very disappointing this tourny.

Take off the Homer shades - the critisism is well warranted. Heatley has been mediocore also and I'm not gonna run around and trash people for being down on him just because I'm a sens fan :shakehead .

But basically, I think everyone on this team except for Doan, Broduer, and Richards have been either somewhat dissapointing or fully useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad