Canadian players which are MISTAKES on the roster thus far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie Vedder

Sep 8, 2003
Ironchef Chris Wok said:
Ryan Smyth in a wheelchair would still finish more checks than most of Team Canada at the moment.

So true, though I did see tuzzi throw more hits today than he has all year combined.

Doan has been hitting all tourney long, and its really impressed me.

Ironchef Chris Wok*

FreshBrew said:
So true, though I did see tuzzi throw more hits today than he has all year combined.

Doan has been hitting all tourney long, and its really impressed me.

Here's my question:

Does Team Canada know that they suck right now?

roccol

Mar 9, 2004
ferns8916 said:
I think Kariya should have replaced either Nash or St.Louis.

He is a better player than both of them. He has much more success in International competition than both of them. He is more experienced and clutch than both of them.

Although, with St.Louis, it is debatable because he has won the Stanley Cup and the Art Ross Trophy. Nash though? No question Kariya should have been picked before him.

I dob't know. Maybe because Nash was the leading scorer in the World Championships?

Eddie Vedder

Sep 8, 2003
Ironchef Chris Wok said:
Here's my question:

Does Team Canada know that they suck right now?

I genuinely hope they arnt patting themselves on the back for todays win, thats for sure.

Nobody knows the answer, unless one of you is a player for team canada.

Im looking at you, ProngerRocks ;)

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
I think Draper is doing what he is supposed to do. He's killing penalty after penalty so he has earned his spot.

Same goes with Bertuzzi. Like said here, he's made his way to the goal mouth each time, and made some great shield.

I'm waiting alot more from Nash, Thornton and Gagne. They really should score more, but tournament is ending soon so hurry up guys.

I'm also worried about your goaltending. Brodeur has given up some bad goals, so I think you should go with Luongo. He was really good against Finland.

Danny__K

Oct 6, 2005
wanna know what canada is missing most from last olympics? Fleury, Canada has no one right now who will go out and get the energy going.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
FreshBrew said:
I genuinely hope they arnt patting themselves on the back for todays win, thats for sure.

Nobody knows the answer, unless one of you is a player for team canada.

Im looking at you, ProngerRocks ;)
The problem is Quinn is using 7 defensemen instead of 6. It was mentioned on TSN during the late SC. Use 6 defensemen and don't use McCabe 5 on 5 under any circumstances. Only on the PP.

someguy44

Apr 6, 2004
Space Jail
I'm not going to read through 10 pages so I don't know if some of the players I'm going to name have been brought up yet.

There are so many players on Team Canada that has just flat out disappointed. I'm not going to count the Germany or Italy game cause they're just weak teams. I shouldn't count the Switzerland game, but I have to since they lost that one.

Iginla hasn't looked good. He's shooting from everywhere instead of creating offensive chances. Sakic can't get over the offensive blueline when he's got the puck. It seems like the Canadian players can't carry the puck into the offensive zone. Pronger, before today's game look slow and just out to lunch. Both Thornton and Bertuzzi have been bad and Nash was the only bright spot for that line, but all 3 got sat out most of the game. McCabe takes too many dumb penalties when he knows he's been beaten.

Only the St. Louis line look good today. Ryan Smith has look good and one of the few players, along with Nash, that has been trying the last 3 games. Anyway, I don't get what Leaf fans are talking about cause Redden or whoever wears No. 6 looks good to me. And of course Brodeur is Brodeur.

Like Gretzky said on CBC, Team Canada still has 5 or 6 passengers (I think it's more than that).

Coburnfan05

Feb 20, 2004
SOB Southern Ontario
rad_sci_guy said:
Just goes to show you how biased people can be when they stare facts in the face and still twist the story to fit there needs. In the first 4 games Pronger took more dumb penalities than the entire team Canada did. Yet it's ok cuz "he's more valuable" cuz he's not Bertuzzi the most hated hockey player in the history of the world.

Based on your own criteria Prongers season hasn't been that good for him and has taken more dumb penalties thus shouldn't be here.

I'll give you your biased as an opinion but at least be honest about why you don't want the guy here. His play isn't the reason you want him off when you say things like "i'm sure he'll get one bad penalty next game" :loony:

No sorry you are wrong. I like Bertuzzi and they way he plays. If you read what I had said you would see I would have replaced Bertuzzi with Shanahan. I have no idea why people bring up Pronger when I mention Bertuzzi, they pplay 2 different positions.

joe_shannon_1983*

roccol said:
I dob't know. Maybe because Nash was the leading scorer in the World Championships?

The World Championships are a B-Tournament. They shouldn't be taken as a serious measure of a players worth.

The Olympics are a completely different animal.

LastoftheBrunnenG

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
GagsIsDaMan said:
St.Louis - Is not living up to his 2003/2004 form and on a personal note I just think he is overrated.

Coming from a Gagne fan makes that worth a snicker. :biglaugh:

For what it's worth - in this olympics: St Louis: 2 Goals & Gagne: 1 goal. :handclap:

Not trying to make a big thing....just giving equal time.

Coburnfan05

Feb 20, 2004
SOB Southern Ontario
LastoftheBrunnenG said:
Coming from a Gagne fan makes that worth a snicker. :biglaugh:

For what it's worth - in this olympics: St Louis: 2 Goals & Gagne: 1 goal. :handclap:

Not trying to make a big thing....just giving equal time.

Read my post cvarefully...I was reffering to how St.Louis has played in the regular season.

As far as this team goes...every single player and yes Gagne too sucked.

Coburnfan05

Feb 20, 2004
SOB Southern Ontario
rad_sci_guy said:
Just goes to show you how biased people can be when they stare facts in the face and still twist the story to fit there needs. In the first 4 games Pronger took more dumb penalities than the entire team Canada did. Yet it's ok cuz "he's more valuable" cuz he's not Bertuzzi the most hated hockey player in the history of the world.

Based on your own criteria Prongers season hasn't been that good for him and has taken more dumb penalties thus shouldn't be here.

I'll give you your biased as an opinion but at least be honest about why you don't want the guy here. His play isn't the reason you want him off when you say things like "i'm sure he'll get one bad penalty next game" :loony:

I hate when I'm right.

Coburnfan05

Feb 20, 2004
SOB Southern Ontario
Kardi said:
drop draper mccabe blake
plug in spezza staal phanuef and we would of been advancing to the next round

I seriously doubt it...3 moves wouldn't have helped...the whole team was garbage.

By the way Blake was probably our best dman in this tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad