GDT: Canada Vs USA pre tournament GDT 12noon ET

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Hutson burns us, beauty pass.

He's not inspiring confidence.
It wasn't meant as a knock.. I just find NA based goalies tend to struggle early on when going to big ice. Even the ones that were born in Europe. It's usually a game or 2.

I was actually happy the Finn's put 4 up on Hrabal.lol Welcome to the big ice again.. not in the NCAA now.haha

Reactions: jj cale

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Savoie and Poitras look like they are starting to really develop some early chemistry here. Good to see.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
usa def looks like a team that can be pushed around in their end, but they're nasty in transition. seen 5 minutes of a pre tourny game and hutson already has half a damn highlight reel put together. usa really crisp puck movement until they get to the ozone. canada looks like a team that hasn't played much together, they're really good tho.

can't really take much away from a meaningless game, teams will settle in and look a lot different in 2 weeks. fun to see some big names out there playing regardless. biggest benefit of these 2 teams playing is it's a great level of competition for new players. it might mean nothing as far as the tournament but i imagine the rivalry alone with be enough to get the pace and intensity pretty ramped up, just can't do anything stupid.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I dont really care that the goal would have been called back in the tournament, what is important is the pressure we put on them to create it, that is what counts. We need to see we can skate and compete with them.

Don't wanna rag on him too much but Rousseau looks like tom thumb out there.

Reactions: Czechboy and Mooche

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Man Celebrini is a real good 2 way centre for 17 years old, i trust him implicintly already, our best forward.

Easy pick at 1 going away this year.

Was just going to say this.

He plays a mature game with a lot of snarl for his age. I am pretty damn impressed.

Thought he looked so dynamic and dangerous at the U18 but the way he has rounded out his game leaves me really excited for this tourney and beyond.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
More heads up play by celebrini leading to a good chance fowler had to make a nice save on, so far we are playing allright.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
it wasn't even a legal goal and America has actually been rotating their goalies but sure be flippant
Bro chill, it was clearly a joke. And outside of saying “I’m joking” I don’t know what else be could have done to make it clear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad