GDT: CANADA VS FINLAND June 1st

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Just lol Finnish hockey fans. 2 tripping penalties and you're crying about a conspiracy. The tourney is always a bit bush league, but you ignore all that when you win. Quite sad.

I guess in Finland you can put your stick in the puck carriers skates, nowhere near the puck, trip him, and it's all good? :facepalm:

Reality: Bad and lazy play from Lundell. Stands there fishing (tripping) in the offensive zone after decent pressure. No need for that. Move your legs up ice or chase the puck carrier.
C2wJGov.png
You're right
Very idiotic penalty by Lundell no excuses
and ABSOLUTELY NO any conspiracies in that call refs did right thing

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I have KAZ being eliminated in all scenarios, yet people here are saying that KAZ can advance. If I have something wrong here, someone tell me where? Look at this.

Tiebreaker - points in group (not goal differential) - LAT/CAN/KAZ - KAZ ELIMINATED?:
-----------------------------
KAZ-CAN - +3 CANADA
KAZ-LAT (OT) - +2 KAZ, +1 LAT
CAN-LAT - +3 LATVIA

LAT 4
CAN 3
--
KAZ 2 - KAZ OUT?

Tiebreaker - points in group (not goal differential) - GER/CAN/KAZ:
KAZ-CAN - +3 CANADA
KAZ-GER - +3 KAZ
CAN-GER - +3 GER

Tiebreaker - Goal differential in head to head games - GER/CAN/KAZ - KAZ ELIMINATED?:

GER +1
CAN 0
--
KAZ -1 - KAZ OUT?

3 games' results were:
---------
KAZ-CAN - 2-4
KAZ-GER - 3-2
GER-CAN - 3-1
----------------------------------------------------------

Doesn't this mean that Canada advances no matter what happens in the GER vs LAT game.

The 3 ways ties you're running are for 4th place. Canada being 2nd in these 3 ways ties eliminate them as they'd finish 5th place. USA, Finland, and the winner of the Latvia/Germany game would get the first 3 spots.

Reactions: Mestaruus

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
The 3 ways ties you're running are for 4th place. Canada being 2nd in these 3 ways ties eliminate them as they'd finish 5th place. USA, Finland, and the winner of the Latvia/Germany game would get the first 3 spots.

Oh right... I get it now. 6 teams indeed and not 5.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
I have KAZ being eliminated in all scenarios, yet people here are saying that KAZ can advance. If I have something wrong here, someone tell me where? Look at this.

Tiebreaker - points in group (not goal differential) - LAT/CAN/KAZ - KAZ ELIMINATED?:
KAZ-CAN - +3 CANADA
KAZ-LAT (OT) - +2 KAZ, +1 LAT
CAN-LAT - +3 LATVIA

LAT 4
CAN 3
--
KAZ 2 - KAZ OUT?

Tiebreaker - points in group (not goal differential) - GER/CAN/KAZ:
KAZ-CAN - +3 CANADA
KAZ-GER - +3 KAZ
CAN-GER - +3 GER

Tiebreaker - Goal differential in head to head games - GER/CAN/KAZ - KAZ ELIMINATED?:

GER +1
CAN 0
--
KAZ -1 - KAZ OUT?

3 games' results were:
---------
KAZ-CAN - 2-4
KAZ-GER - 3-2
GER-CAN - 3-1
----------------------------------------------------------

Doesn't this mean that Canada advances no matter what happens in the GER vs LAT game.

If GER-LAT goes in OT both teams are in and CAN and KAZ are out no matter who wins finally.

If LAT stands with 10 points their goal difference is +1 (win 2-0 against CAN, loss 3-2 against KAZ).
CAN goal difference would be +/- 0. (Loss 0-2 against LAT, win 4-2 against KAZ.
KAZ goal difference would be -1.

If GER stands with 10 points the goal difference of the 3 teams it's still the same because Canada lost 3-1 against Germany but won 4-2 against Kazahkstan, goal difference +/- 0.
GER won 3-1 against Canada and lost 3-2 against Kazahkstan, so goal difference +1.

And KAZ has in any case a goal difference of -1.

Reactions: Mestaruus

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I think that Finland wants GER to beat LAT then on regulation, so Finland doesn't have to move to the other arena. Assuming that home team LAT being in the playoffs will always have priority to stay in it's current arena.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
If GER-LAT goes in OT both teams are in and CAN and KAZ is out no matter who wins finally.

If LAT stands with 10 points their goal difference is +1 (win 2-0 against CAN, loss 3-2 against KAZ).
CAN goal difference would be +/- 0. (Loss 0-2 against LAT, win 4-2 against KAZ.
KAZ goal difference would be -1.

If GER stands with 10 points the goal difference of the 3 teams it's still the same because Canada lost 3-1 against Germany but won 4-2 against Kazahkstan, goal difference +/- 0.
GER won 3-1 against Canada and lost 3-2 against Kazahkstan, so goal difference +1.

And KAZ has in any case a goal difference of -1.
KAZ has always a go

For some reason I thought that 2 teams from the tiebreaks would advance but it's just 1. Forgot that there are 6 teams and not 5. Ty for explaining though.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Is it possible to know what time Finland will play on thursday vs the winner of SLO/CZE?

Oops USA still has a game and they are looking to win the group B.

Last edited:

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
Is it possible to know what time Finland will play on thursday vs the winner of SLO/CZE?

Oops USA still has a game and they are looking to win the group B.

Pretty sure that they do not want to decide the playing order before tonight's LAT-GER game is over. In case Latvia is in, they would probably play their QF on prime time, Thursday evening.

Reactions: IceHockeyDude

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad