GDT: CANADA VS FINLAND June 1st

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
TC's fate will be in the hands of Germany and Latvia if the Finns take the shootout.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I would much rather have Säteri in a shootout. Am I crazy?

Who was the goalie vs KAZ shootout? I want him in as that would make Canada win. Then SUI or RUS get harder QF game. That's what I want.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Now Canada is no more sure in quarterfinal if Finland should win they still can be eliminated depending on the game between GER-LAT.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Canada is eliminated if they don't win SO.

Not if the game between LAT-GER is decided in regulation time. Because in this case either LAT or GER has 12 points and the other team stands still with 9 points. Canada has surely now 10 points. But Canada won the head-to-head match against Kazakhstan so they would finish the round as 4th.

Reactions: Lepardi

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Good penalty shots. These days the meta of shootouts is both parties leveling, if shooter going to 5hole or not.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I would rank the SO goals like this:

Henrique - A classic move, calm and clinical backhand
Kaski - Such - a tricky puck in a perfect spot
Ruotsalainen - This guy knows where to shoot it and get it off quickly. Should become a 20 goal scorer in the NHL
Pirri - Basic moves done well
Mäenalanen - It's a goal!

Reactions: king89

Arselona

Nov 9, 2007
Canadian 3rd shooter with literally the worst attempt I've ever seen :laugh: Does this men Latvia and Germany both advance with a tie btw?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad