GDT: CANADA VS FINLAND June 1st

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Refs and linesmen are definitely playing for team Canada all the way. Now I got a spark and motivation to root us for Win, good.

Edit:
Linesman even making a perfect screen for Kaski trying to gift a breakaway for Canada. :D Either these guys suck at their job or they are biggest Canada fans.

4 Swedes whom I'm sure conspired to cause pain to the enemy Finns.

Though the linesman seems to be a good guy who is only human.

https://www.shl.se/artikel/cyihajru...pappa-mot-emil-yletyinen-jag-ar-bara-manniska

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Can you even touch a Canadian player without getting a penalty?
Refs and linesmen are definitely playing for team Canada all the way. Now I got a spark and motivation to root us for Win, good.

Two Scoring chances taken away in 10 minutes from Finland by linesman alone. Blatant offside call and absolutely horrible icing call, wont happen by mistake if you arent really hoping for another team to win. Lundel didint even touch the Canadian player probably where he got 2min, and Canucks got a goal from it.

Edit:
Linesman even making a perfect screen for Kaski trying to gift a breakaway for Canada. :D Either these guys suck at their job or they are biggest Canada fans.

Just lol Finnish hockey fans. 2 tripping penalties and you're crying about a conspiracy. The tourney is always a bit bush league, but you ignore all that when you win. Quite sad.

I guess in Finland you can put your stick in the puck carriers skates, nowhere near the puck, trip him, and it's all good? :facepalm:

Reality: Bad and lazy play from Lundell. Stands there fishing (tripping) in the offensive zone after decent pressure. No need for that. Move your legs up ice or chase the puck carrier.
C2wJGov.png

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Hmm, seems like he betrayed his country once (becoming a Swede). Now he is doing it again on the ice. ;)

Ah that's the story, I was wondering why is his name sound so Finnish.

This is cinematic turn of events. Finland needs to respond by winning this game and placing sanctions on Sweden. :laugh:

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014

Two Scoring chances taken away in 10 minutes from Finland by linesman alone. Blatant offside call and absolutely horrible icing call, wont happen by mistake if you arent really hoping for another team to win. Lundel didint even touch the Canadian player probably where he got 2min, and Canucks got a goal from it.

Edit:

Yep, definitely looks like they're trying to pull this Team Canada into the quarters.

Kezaster

Apr 29, 2013
I hope nothing unexpected happens global health-wise next year for obvious reasons and so that we can have nonbuble tourney In Finland.

And team Canada can get the annual tourists-having-a-good-time-and-playing-hockey-thing going with a better team. These things are always much more fun with a good(iihf perspective) Canadian team.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Both were clear trips. Not that those are always called in these games.. But no use complaining about them. The canadian breadeater is looking quite nifty, haven't even heard of Mangiapane earlier.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
What about the call that lead to Canada's 2nd goal? What did the Finnish player do there?

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Both were clear trips. Not that those are always called in these games.. But no use complaining about them. The canadian breadeater is looking quite nifty, haven't even heard of Mangiapane earlier.

Good smallish top 6 guy depth guy. Probably 6th forward in the Flames top 6. Good speed, instincts, and plays fearlessly. I really like him because of his compete-level, but indeed is overlooked.

imo that's because his skill is not quite there to be a 1st line nhl guy, and he likely doesn't play so well in a checking role.

He came into this tourney red hot having scored in all those meaningless CGY v. VAN games and was on a point scoring streak.

Reactions: mattihp

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Good smallish top 6 guy depth guy. Probably 6th forward in the Flames top 6. Good speed, instincts, and plays fearlessly. I really like him because of his compete-level, but indeed is overlooked.

imo that's because his skill is not quite there to be a 1st line nhl guy, and he likely doesn't play so well in a checking role.

He came into this tourney red hot having scored in all those meaningless CGY v. VAN games and was on a point scoring streak.
The William Karlsson of Seattle. There, I called it.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I hope for a Canada OT/SO win here. Winning this game on OT/SO does nothing for Finland. USA won the group. There's no way Italy can steal any points from them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad