Canada Soccer Part VII: Qatar Booked Edition

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It's a tough problem for us also. These players that grow up outside of Mexico have enormous pressure from their families to play for Mexico. It's very difficult to convince these players to not play for Mexico.
Yeah, I don't blame the kid for sticking with Mexico. Mitrovic is the big one for us right now, need to get him in the CMNT squad.

In other news, massive signing for Forge here!

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Forge were outstanding last night. Halifax had the first few minutes, culminating in a break for Garcia but he missed on his left. After that the Wanderers hardly had a kick while the game was still a contest.

Hart had a 4 3 3 with the fullbacks pushed way way up the pitch.. they didn't use them enough offensively and there were massive gaps when the ball was turned over.

Halifax essentially had a front 5 so they really needed to win the midfield battle and they did not. Bekker isn't a kid anymore but still has quality.

Halifax host TFC Tuesday and need to hope Bent is available and i assume they won't have the same tactics or it will be a bad scene.

Reactions: sabremike

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Forge looked great last night! Breath of fresh air to see the attack score 4 goals after being stagnant all season. Hopefully, they can build on that result and continue getting points in the league.

Going to be another interesting week of Canadian Championship Football. I wonder if Forge can get some revenge and steal a result in Montreal.

Reactions: sabremike

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Less than two weeks until the friendly against Iran.

Hopefully we'll see a roster soon. Curious to see who will make the trip.

There will be two matches in Vancouver and one match in Honduras during this break.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Looks like Tomori has been called up to England NT. No surprise, especially how much he's been relied upon by the serie A champions.

Still makes me sad.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
who’s brym
He has not been called up in a couple of years. Plays in the dutch second-tier mainly as a striker but has spent time on both wings. Byrm is definitely the surprise call-up of the window. Herdman is likely just experimenting a bit and seeing if he has something here.

Reactions: Peen

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Should be noted that Koleosho is a dual-national and the USA had been wanting to cap-tie for some time now. Made 1 appearance on the final match day in La Liga for Espanyol. At only 17 this is a great addition for the future!

Reactions: maclean and Tuggy

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Brym's addition was well earned. Capping Koleosho at 17 would be quite the coup.

All in all, the depth of squad is something to smile about.

"And he smiled, for he felt pride where shame once was."

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Should be noted that Koleosho is a dual-national and the USA had been wanting to cap-tie for some time now. Made 1 appearance on the final match day in La Liga for Espanyol. At only 17 this is a great addition for the future!
To be fair, he wasn’t being considered for our senior team yet. I think he would’ve had a chance to make the U-20’s, but he’s not a lock for that team. He was in one camp out of like four.

I doubt he’s decided yet either. He’s not cap-tied, and these games won’t finalize his decision. We’ll have to see what happens. If at the start of next season he’s getting minutes every game for Espanyol first team then I think this recruiting saga could ramp up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad