Canada Soccer Part VII: Qatar Booked Edition

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Some interesting news on the Atiba Hutchinson front. I'd be happy to see him stay at Besiktas for another year before coming over to the MLS. I think Turkey gives him the best chance to stay in good form ahead of the WC

Reactions: Tuggy and Pink Mist

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
After the World Cup anyone who invested in the Canadian soccer league will looked upon as genuis’
The trickle-down is already happening too. Lots of investment going in to League 1 Ontario, and the other pro/am leagues.

Speaking of which, the first game between Guelph and Electric City FC is happening right now free on Youtube. Quality stuff thus far

`

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
The trickle-down is already happening too. Lots of investment going in to League 1 Ontario, and the other pro/am leagues.

Speaking of which, the first game between Guelph and Electric City FC is happening right now free on Youtube. Quality stuff thus far

`

Electric City FC. The awesomeness of that team name cannot be overstated.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
This makes our lives a little easier come the group stage;

A lot of time left for a change of heart or a sacking.

Especially with such a silly decision.

"A player who refuses to play, who fakes injuries"...ya only a sacking would do it.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
A lot of time left for a change of heart or a sacking.

Especially with such a silly decision.
Got to think this puts you on the chopping block, but hey Halilhodzic has gotten them to the WC with some good results along the way. Hard to sack him with the on-field success.

Reactions: al secord

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Do you guys think Herdman stays on after the World Cup for another cycle?
That is a good question, I have definitely contemplated it a bit on my end.

I think he stays on until post-2026 WC. There is just so much momentum with this program and he has an opportunity to take the men's team and cement it as a top 25ish team in the world. I also think Herdman will see the GC and Nations League as an opportunity to win something here, obviously, these aren't huge competitions but winning one would mean a lot to the fan base.

Once 2026 WC is completed my guess is he will want to try his hand at managing at the club level. The question becomes what level can he break into following his international success? He will be 50 following the 2026 World Cup, still plenty of time to take on a new project.

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
That is a good question, I have definitely contemplated it a bit on my end.

I think he stays on until post-2026 WC. There is just so much momentum with this program and he has an opportunity to take the men's team and cement it as a top 25ish team in the world. I also think Herdman will see the GC and Nations League as an opportunity to win something here, obviously, these aren't huge competitions but winning one would mean a lot to the fan base.

Once 2026 WC is completed my guess is he will want to try his hand at managing at the club level. The question becomes what level can he break into following his international success? He will be 50 following the 2026 World Cup, still plenty of time to take on a new project.

Thats what I'm thinking too. Unless a club offer comes in thats too good to refuse I think he stays until 2026

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
If England crash out I think he'll go there.
That is not going to happen. There would be a long list of names in front of him for that job. He just doesn't to have the experience, pedigree, and track record of success to get that big of a job. He could get there someday but it won't be for a decade or so at the earliest.

Reactions: luiginb

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Thats what I'm thinking too. Unless a club offer comes in thats too good to refuse I think he stays until 2026

Will probably attract some interest from MLS teams but one would hope none of those fall in the too good to refuse category

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad