Canada Soccer Part VII: Qatar Booked Edition

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
This is interesting and honestly kind of surprising. I think Burnley would be a little out of Herdman's depths at this point. Who knows how much stock these links have.

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
This is interesting and honestly kind of surprising. I think Burnley would be a little out of Herdman's depths at this point. Who knows how much stock these links have.

I dont think there's anything there. I don't see Herdman leaving right before the World Cup

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

Friendly against Iran scheduled for June 5th. Before they play Curacao June 10th in the Nations League.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

Friendly against Iran scheduled for June 5th. Before they play Curacao June 10th in the Nations League.

It's interesting. The USA is playing Morocco and we play Iran. Berhalter and Herdman have reportedly been trading notes through qualification. I'm assuming they will be in contact following the games against each other's group rivals.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Hope this is the right forum for this, but Alphonso and Sam are doing a friendly wager over the Battle of Alberta.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
That's what you get for stealing Corbeanu away from us. Although in all fairness he didn't really light League One on fire this year.

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
It's official... Not that it's surprising in the slightest;

What a weird letter/announcement he wrote, almost like he's trying to convince himself of the decision.

At the end of the day Canada got used as leverage by him to get capped by Mexico since right now he's just a very good youth player who hasn't proven anything and wasn't ready to play for Canada

Anyway looking forward to some future Gold Cup (or World Cup qualifer) where Canada beats Mexico with him on the sidelines because the only minutes he can get with the Mexican team are garbage time minutes (if he can even make the team at all)

If Canada can get Stefan Mitrović to commit he may actually be the bigger score anyway since he's actually playing minutes and doing well in a decent league. Hopefully he joins the team for the Nations league games

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
MLS salary informaiton came out. Here is a list of the top Canadian earners. Found it interesting to look through;

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Cooper does not trust Laryea whatsoever.. Colback is an experienced pro but Laryea would rip up and down that left side right now.. Spence got beat for the tying goal.. not that i'd be replacing Spence with Laryea but he's not infallible.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Having just spent a few weeks in Halifax, I'm now heading back to Toronto just in time for TFC to come play Wanderers! Very sad to be missing it
That would have been an electric game to be at. Were you able to get out to any Wanderer home games?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad