Player Discussion Cam Talbot

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
They need to split starts between Talbot and Nilsson instead of giving Cam all the starts

IMO Nilsson should play every 3 games or so or at least on some back to backs. Talbot should get 55-60 starts with Nilsson getting 20ish starts and then Brossoit getting some if there are injury issues.

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
I need to see way more of Nilsson. Never seen a whole Halloween party go so silent and curse after that goal Talbot let in lol...that was back freaking breaking.

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003
All strange from a guy looking for big money and term in a league with guaranteed contracts. If he wants that big payday things better turn around for him. Typically players have career years prior to these anniversaries. Makes you wonder what effect security might have on him? Probably none, but fits into the category of things that make you go hmmmmmm.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
All strange from a guy looking for big money and term in a league with guaranteed contracts. If he wants that big payday things better turn around for him. Typically players have career years prior to these anniversaries. Makes you wonder what effect security might have on him? Probably none, but fits into the category of things that make you go hmmmmmm.

1 bad game, it happens to everyone.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Talbot is a very solid goaltender. Solid reflexes and good positioning (usually).

I'm on record saying in the pre-season that he was going to establish himself as a top 10 goalie in the NHL this season... and I still stick by that (although that looks a little bit optimistic after watching that last effort). :)

I agree... every goalie has a **** game now and then. Price looks like crap regularly and loses vs the Oilers and if you only watched him in those games you'd never guess he's the best goalie in the world.

I still feel more confident in the Oilers goaltending 90% of the time rather than feeling the goalies are going to give the game away at any moment like in the past.

How many bad games have the goalies had so far... 2 or 3 at the most? You can't really say many of those 8 losses were on the goalies... more so the team defense (and lack of offense early on as well).

Goaltending has been ok to good overall and I think the Talbot-Nilsson tandem will be solid going forward because I think both are structurally sound and calm in net. They won't stand on their heads every game and bail the team out but then again they shouldn't be expected to either... the 18 other players obviously need to get their collective **** together to help support their goalies and not run them out of town like so many that have come before them.

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003

The more I see of this guy the less I want to sign him. Poor poor goaltending and he is trying to earn a contract. Not a fan at all anymore. Crawford out played him for petes sake.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
I'll reiterate from my post on this thread from page 2. He's a good goalie but he defaults in the butterfly too soon...not a stand up goalie. He's gonna get beat on the corners and i think thats the book on him. He he works on the he's a great goalie. Bigger problem is defence.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The more I see of this guy the less I want to sign him. Poor poor goaltending and he is trying to earn a contract. Not a fan at all anymore. Crawford out played him for petes sake.

2 time cup winning goalie Corey Crawford? That guy? He had a bad game, his 2nd in a row, we'll see where he goes from here.

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003
2 time cup winning goalie Corey Crawford? That guy? He had a bad game, his 2nd in a row, we'll see where he goes from here.

I would not classify Crawford as a great goalie in fact i would place him in the lower half of the league yet he out shawn our boy.

Last edited:

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Talbot was outplayed in the preseason by both Nilsson and Scrivens and has been outplayed by Nilsson during the regular season. He's let in 1 bad goal every game that he's played for us. He needs to sit on the bench for a few games to rediscover his game.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Talbot was outplayed in the preseason by both Nilsson and Scrivens and has been outplayed by Nilsson during the regular season. He's let in 1 bad goal every game that he's played for us. He needs to sit on the bench for a few games to rediscover his game.

Not true. His last two starts, yes, but overall he's been very good and bailed the team out big time up until this point.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
A poor game vs Calgary and a mediocre game tonight. Let's not act like he's been terrible all season.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Not true. His last two starts, yes, but overall he's been very good and bailed the team out big time up until this point.

A poor game vs Calgary and a mediocre game tonight. Let's not act like he's been terrible all season.

Poor outing vsMIN too.. Let in a wrister by mitchell vs MTL as well... 19GA in last 5 starts.. i say a weak goal in each holds true.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I'm through with blaming our goalies.

Until we have a D with at least 2 top 4 Dmen in it, I have trouble blaming the goalies for anything.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Poor outing vsMIN too.. Let in a wrister by mitchell vs MTL as well... 19GA in last 5 starts.. i say a weak goal in each holds true.
Not true about the Minnesota game. Go back and watch the goals. Three deflections and a guy left wide open in front.

Montreal game, the Mitchell goal was a nice shot. I'm not going to call it weak. Talbot also didn't allow the fourth goal and allowed the Oilers to actually come back.

His last two games have been rough.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2