Player Discussion Cam Talbot

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
This thread probably deserves a bump after Talbot's huge Game 2 Shut Out.

And also so we can marvel at this battle. What a spider walk by Talbot in Game 1:

If Talbot gets to 90% of what Rollie had in 06. Look out for a deep deep run.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Like most threads, I jumped a couple pages back to catch up. Took me longer than it should have with how many posts were quoting people saying he was trash but I thought they were having a laugh about what people had been saying. Then I saw the dates.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
This thread probably deserves a bump after Talbot's huge Game 2 Shut Out.

If Talbot gets to 90% of what Rollie had in 06. Look out for a deep deep run.

Talbot played well in game two, but that was a pretty easy shut out. Definitely didn't steal the game for the Oilers. I actually think he played better in game one.

Deep playoff runs often happen thanks to really good goalie play. This team is good enough to make a deep run with really good goalie play.

If the Oilers keep playing like they did in game two and get the Talbot from game one they can go far.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
What a boss. Another shutout.

The only thing that really scares me about this is that there is no in-between with Talbot. When he's on, he is dead on. But when he's off, it can get real ugly real fast. We saw that in the last few weeks of the regular season especially.

For his own sake and the team's, I hope he doesn't get deflated when he allows his next goal.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
What I said Pre-Game 3:

- Talbot. Remember the last time Talbot got a shut out? He followed it up with another one right after. Talbot is riding high in confidence right now. Looks and sounds calm and ready to write his own story. I expect him to be huge again this game.

BACK TO BACK SHUTOUTS. What'd I tell ya. Is Talbot ON HIS ****IN GAME OR WHAT?

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
What I said Pre-Game 3:

BACK TO BACK SHUTOUTS. What'd I tell ya. Is Talbot ON HIS ****IN GAME OR WHAT?

Nostradamus

praising-the-lord-smiley-emoticon.gif

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
The only thing I wish Talbot would do...is pull a Roloson, and shake his mask off.

ONLY for the memories, haha.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
can we get a gif of talbot shuffle sliding to stop burns ?

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Could turn out to be one of the best trades in NHL in a while

i was talking about this last night, Chia not only made the trade for talbot at good value but he picked the right goalie too. there was a few available like Lack, Lehner etc.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
i was talking about this last night, Chia not only made the trade for talbot at good value but he picked the right goalie too. there was a few available like Lack, Lehner etc.

Yup. Lehner is good and all but Talbot is clearly the best goalie moved that year. Dubnyk for nothing is an incredible trade and I think Talbot is right up there. Dubnyk was more luck, Talbot was 50% luck, 50% identifying the right goalie

Only problem with Talbot is that hes not 22. Wed be set in goalie for next 10+ years :laugh:

Ahh well Ill settle for 5-6 years

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
It was a rather large price to pay for Talbot, at the time. He was a backup goalie to King Henrik, after all, and the resume wasn't entirely large. He is one of the guys I wanted us to go after though. But I had no idea his ceiling would be so high, so quickly, and I doubt Chia could have anticipated it would escalate this fast as well. Now, it seems like a steal as to what we paid for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad