Waived: Calvin Pickard placed on waivers by Vegas. (Cleared)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
What surprises me isn't that he is on waivers, but that they couldn't get a late pick for him from another team. Prior to the bad year in COL last season, he looked very good.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Vegas is probably hoping that they can have Pickard in the AHL while picking up another goaltender in Subban. Probably just wanting to explore their options at a possibility with one of those two in the future as their goalie. This however could backfire if a team claims him.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I don't even have words for this...Subban still needs much AHL seasoning. Idk....

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
What surprises me isn't that he is on waivers, but that they couldn't get a late pick for him from another team. Prior to the bad year in COL last season, he looked very good.

That's what happens when you decide on the eve of the NHL season to spontaneously try and trade your future #1.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
You can’t claim a player off waivers and turn around and trade him. The player has to remain on your roster for the rest of the season or put back on waivers.

You can claim a player off waivers and trade them. So long as only one team submits a waiver claim.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Not a big fan of either Subban or Pickard, but I see Pickard as a safer gamble to maybe be an adequate back up. Maybe 60% chance of that (slightly random guess). Subban's chances of being that are less, but I think he has maybe a 20% chance of being a starter. So why not bet on the longer shot with the bigger payoff, as long as you are gambling?

or at least, that's how I think they are seeing it

Reactions: Sir Goose

Moby Stick

Jul 25, 2016
Denver
You can’t claim a player off waivers and turn around and trade him. The player has to remain on your roster for the rest of the season or put back on waivers.
I believe he would just have to be offered to other teams that made claims before they could try to move him via trade, if there were other teams that made claims. I could be wrong.

RealRockNRolla

Oct 5, 2017
Pickard has at least shown he is capable in the NHL although the least said about last season the better. They must see a brighter future with Subban learning from Fleury than they do with Pickard. Just hope he gets given a chance to back-up a team and is claimed.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Subban is only a year younger than Pickard, and significantly worse.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I'd gladly take him on the Pens over Niemi, especially since we have something like 300 back to back games, but it won't happen.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
How does the NHL set the waiver priority this early in the season? Is it based on standings from last season?

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Put me in with the crowd that says he clears.

Edmonton makes a bit of sense to me. Sounds like they want Talbot to play fewer games. Pickard safer for 20 games than Broissant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad