Waived: Calvin Pickard placed on waivers by Vegas. (Cleared)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Can the Avs claim him off of waivers then? I know that they couldn't trade for him after the expansion draft, as that was one of the rules set in place to eliminate selecting a player, only to trade them back, but it said nothing about claiming off of waivers.

Interesting scenario, regardless. So much for the 3-headed monster in Vegas.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Has Pickard been that bad in camp? Is it because Subban is cheaper?

BTW - anybody have a link for this?

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
This transaction is strange. I can only imagine they want Subban in there because Pickard could potentially win them some games, which is what they don't want.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
This transaction is strange. I can only imagine they want Subban in there because Pickard could potentially win them some games, which is what they don't want.

Yes but it's at the cost of the guy you had pegged as your future #1, and at the cost of the development of the kid who clearly needs AHL seasoning.

Hoping GMGM knows for sure that no one has a spot to claim Pickard but I doubt it.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
This really makes no sense. Would be interesting to hear the teams reasoning on this one. Subban has not exactly shined in his limited NHL stints and hasn't blow away the AHL either.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Okay better question, is there a team in front of Toronto that has a legitimate chance to make a claim? Colorado? ZERO chance with Varlamov and Bernier there.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Dear lord man. I really thought claiming Subban meant a trade was coming, not giving Pickard away for free. Pickard may not be amazing but he certainly appears to have better upside than Subban.

We refuse to waive Reinhart and/or Sbisa but we expose Pickard? Great stuff GMGM. I'm running out of reasons to defend this guy.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Why would Vegas waive him, though? He's a legitimately good young goalie.
Yep. I'd welcome him here in Pittsburgh with open arms.

I think he's gonna be a pretty decent starter. Needs to get away from that Avs team, hell his 904% last year is pretty good all things considered.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I would not be so sure he gets claimed.

Everyone is generally happy with their roster at this point.

Toronto already has 48 contracts according to cap friendly. Teams don't like going to within 1 of the limit so early.

Reactions: Agalloch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->