Calling out Ovi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I don't buy the "molded by a winning culture". Do we forget that they had Tarnström as their leading scorer once, after Jagr and Francis? Or how about the Habs winning culture doesn't help the current team one bit. Pittsburgh has two star centres, that's the reason.

Habs have had a losing culture since the day they traded Patrick Roy.

Reactions: Deluded Puck

The Grim Reaper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 18, 2017
i think this thread was started before game 1 and this poster doesnt really like discussing things, he just loves to open new threads

I believe he started this thread following the last game of the season where Ovechkin was putting in 200% effort to get to 50 goals, but then can disappear for multiple shifts once the playoffs start. Just a guess though.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
I believe he started this thread following the last game of the season where Ovechkin was putting in 200% effort to get to 50 goals, but then can disappear for multiple shifts once the playoffs start. Just a guess though.
This is an alternative fact. One can only give 100% effort. Come on, you're better than this.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
That's not true. It depends on your baseline. Regardless, it's a saying, which you knew anyway.
Right and this whole angle is stupid anyway. So Ovechkin tried to get a milestone goal in a meaningless game where most where trying to just not get hurt.

Trying to peddle the narative that Ovechkin doesn't give max effort or care in an actual playoff game is demeaning. You see how happy he is when a teammate scores a playoff goal?

Ovechkin didn't have the greatest game one. He has since played pretty well. I guess he just didn't care very much that day.:rolleyes:

The Grim Reaper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 18, 2017
Right and this whole angle is stupid anyway. So Ovechkin tried to get a milestone goal in a meaningless game where most where trying to just not get hurt.

Trying to peddle the narative that Ovechkin doesn't give max effort or care in an actual playoff game is demeaning. You see how happy he is when a teammate scores a playoff goal?

Ovechkin didn't have the greatest game one. He has since played pretty well. I guess he just didn't care very much that day.:rolleyes:

I'm not sure why you're explaining this to me when I didn't start the thread?

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
That's not true. Ov is leading his team but Holtby has provided the needed security to play their game. John Carlson has 8pts in 4 games. Backstrom, Kuznetsov and Oshie are all doing their part. And then there is Tom Wilson.
Among a certain percentage of our fanbase and essentially all of any opposing fanbase your entire post is going to be discredited because of the last line but you are 100% correct. If he cleans up the Hyde just a little he can be a fantastic and welcome Jekyll. I was pleasantly surprised the WP appears to have noticed.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
I'm not sure why you're explaining this to me when I didn't start the thread?
You brought up game 82, not the OP. Anyway you probably only have about 2 more weeks of Caps hockey to hate on, then you can go back to worrying about Chirelli is going to make your roster worse this offseason.

The Grim Reaper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 18, 2017
You brought up game 82, not the OP. Anyway you probably only have about 2 more weeks of Caps hockey to hate on, then you can go back to worrying about Chirelli is going to make your roster worse this offseason.

I was explaining illpucks opinion, which he's stated many times. That is not my opinion.

P.S. I'm a Penguins fan.

Daisy Ridley

Feb 28, 2018
Ovie has been great all series. I tighten up any time he gets ready to rip a shot, especially on the PP.

The Grim Reaper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 18, 2017
Ah now its starting to make sense why I don't like you.

There's an ignore list for a reason. I've never messaged you before, nor had a conversation, but if you're offended by what I have to say, there's an easy solution.

1.) Click on your username at the top right.
2.) Select "People you Ignore".
3.) When the page loads, enter "McDavidMania".
4.) Click "Save Changes".

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
2013 was statistically his only bad postseason (1G 1A in 7 games). Outside of that, he has never "disappeared" in the playoffs.

Reactions: Frosty415
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->