Calling out Ovi

Status
Not open for further replies.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
No one is arguing anything, we're all having a discussion about how awesome OV is.

you sound like you might have an agenda though.

Please take a read through this thread and explain why my post have an agenda. Have you even read the title?

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Ovie always played well in the playoffs. Any clueless simpleton that bashed for apparently disappearing in the playoff...is just that. A simpleton. Especially in hockey, you're at the mercy of your goalie and teammates.

Last edited:

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Ovie always played well in the playoffs. Any clueless simpleton that bashed for apparently disappearing in the playing...is just that. A simpleton. Especially in hockey, you're at the mercy of your goalie and teammates.

he and the rest of the caps team disappeared in last year's game 7.

Obviously I want to see Ovie win the cup and mvp this year.. and that 1 game last year is just 1 game but when that game is perceived as the closing of your cup window, it's a big deal

Reactions: bur and 666 others

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
Ovi in these play-offs has shown why he is the main man of goal scoring the league.

The supposed challenger of the year, Laine, looked like a little boy compared to Ovi in these playoffs. Heck, he could barely score at all while Ovi has been firing on all cylinders.

Ovi has once again shown that it's not enough to have a fancy shot, you need speed, playmaking ability and grit to attain greatness in this league. And that is something no other player has been able to combine with goal scoring as well as Ovi thus far. And this is why no-one, especially players like Laine, will never reach the heights of Ovi's dominance.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
he and the rest of the caps team disappeared in last year's game 7.

Obviously I want to see Ovie win the cup and mvp this year.. and that 1 game last year is just 1 game but when that game is perceived as the closing of your cup window, it's a big deal
He was the only one who showed up in game 7 2015. Could have won cup that year too.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
The supposed challenger of the year, Laine, looked like a little boy compared to Ovi in these playoffs. Heck, he could barely score at all while Ovi has been firing on all cylinders.

I don't feel like that is completely fair. Ovi is in his 13th year in the league, Laine is in his second year in the league. If you give Laine a couple years, he could end up being the clear successor to Ovi. Ovi has had quite a few years to figure it all out, Laine is still figuring out how to best adapt his game to be more effective.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I don't feel like that is completely fair. Ovi is in his 13th year in the league, Laine is in his second year in the league. If you give Laine a couple years, he could end up being the clear successor to Ovi. Ovi has had quite a few years to figure it all out, Laine is still figuring out how to best adapt his game to be more effective.

Take a look at that posters history. No point engaging him/her.

Reactions: Katie Connauton

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010

Laine is much less dynamic than young Ovi though (and I'm just comparing styles here, not capability). Young Ovi was flying and throwing hits, Laine these playoffs looked like he had put two cement blocks in his skates.

Bowiefan

May 26, 2018
Ovie didn’t have to figure out how to be dominant though. He was dominant from his very first shift, when he caused a 20 minute delay by checking a player through the glass behind the opposing net. He followed that up with 2 goals that game.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Calling out, Ovie. One more time, man. Do this one more time and we will stop calling out you :laugh:

Has been silent last game spiking conversations that he is not that valuable to his team.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Thinking Ovi may have read this. What a turnaround after game 1 in Columbus. What an ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad