Call of Duty - Vanguard

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm enjoying the beta so far

I expected it to look better on next gen not gonna lie. I know it's just an updated version of the same ol tech they have been using for years but still I honestly think Cold War looks better lol. Cold War just looks sharper and of course Treyarch always has the bright color palette. Vanguard seems hazy-looking so far (except the hotel map) and the audio mix is yikes. The guns need work but that's easily tuned.

I think they'll tighten up the gameplay nicely but I'm a little worried about the visuals when November hits.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Played the beta this evening and while the final product is not set, it’s f***ing horrible. They took all the cool stuff out of WW2 and took a torch to it. They replaced everything with WW2 versions of Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War weapons and gear.

Stay away from it.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Played the beta this evening and while the final product is not set, it’s f***ing horrible. They took all the cool stuff out of WW2 and took a torch to it. They replaced everything with WW2 versions of Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War weapons and gear.

Stay away from it.

git gud :sarcasm:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

Stay away from it.

Heard the beta was unplayable too.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Yeah this beta is buggy AF and quite frankly, the graphics look 5 years old. How does MW2019 look better on PS4 than Vanguard does on PS5? Hopefully this beta is more like an alpha where they still don't have the gfx/visuals in their final form - because it needs work. And beta or not, releasing with audio that bad is embarrassing.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Yeah this beta is buggy AF and quite frankly, the graphics look 5 years old. How does MW2019 look better on PS4 than Vanguard does on PS5? Hopefully this beta is more like an alpha where they still don't have the gfx/visuals in their final form - because it needs work. And beta or not, releasing with audio that bad is embarrassing.

I tried the beta yesterday and I agree the audio is terrible. Most of the time I thought someone was in front of me but they were behind me. Another thing is everyone looks the same, half the time I run past someone because I didn’t notice the little orange icon above them. That needs to be fixed.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Another thing is everyone looks the same, half the time I run past someone because I didn’t notice the little orange icon above them. That needs to be fixed.

Indeed. It's especially funny playing Patrol on Hotel where the spawns are hilariously bad. Groups of people spawn beside you as you run by but no one notices you are there, so you get 3 to 5 kills, and they respawn in the same place again, repeat.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Played for a couple hours last night. I enjoy the gameplay more than I did the Cold War beta last year, but I agree with everyone on the audio issues, everything just seems quiet at times. Spawns can be a bit of a mess as well. One thing I don't like at all is the different sized lobbies, anything more than 8v8 is just too chaotic and not fun.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Played for a couple hours last night. I enjoy the gameplay more than I did the Cold War beta last year, but I agree with everyone on the audio issues, everything just seems quiet at times. Spawns can be a bit of a mess as well. One thing I don't like at all is the different sized lobbies, anything more than 8v8 is just too chaotic and not fun.
Hardcore 12v12 Nuketown on Cold War is absolutely crazy and really fun.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Played the beta when they opened it up to everybody (as for the first time ever I have not pre-ordered this upcoming CoD)

+Liked the visuals and music, I thought the elements (snow/rain) were well done
+Liked the different pace options for all game modes from 6v6 up to 18v18 or whatever..

-Sounds were off
-Spawns were the worst I've ever played
-But the biggest gripe I had and what really has me on the fence... is the fact its so hard to actually see people in this game. I know they've talked about adjusting some things but it really seemed like a huge problem -- some of it was the fact that they are not doing factions.. other was the characters just blend into the environment way too damn much.

Overall I didn't find the beta horrible ... but it also didn't convince me to pre-order it.

Going to see what BF 2042 beta brings and make a decision from there...

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Yeah when there are so many more interesting games coming out around the same time (Age of Empires IV, Forza Horizon 5, Battlefield 2042, Shin Megami Tensei V, Halo Infinite, Pokemon Sinnoh Remakes) it's hard to justify picking this one up.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I don't think I'll ever buy another CoD game again, I keep getting burned each time I buy a new one.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreytWun
Sep 19, 2008
I don't get the point of SBMM. Why would you want to scrim with random people every game?

The days of dedicated servers are going away. Back in my day you had servers set up by clans who held games and fun events every night. You'd see the same people there every day and make online buddies.

This is kind of what's going on in BF4 but since that EA and other companies have shied from that model in favor or SBMM or in the case of Battlefield DICE publicly run servers where nobody gets banned, no admins are on, and different people play every day :laugh:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I don't get the point of SBMM. Why would you want to scrim with random people every game?

The days of dedicated servers are going away. Back in my day you had servers set up by clans who held games and fun events every night. You'd see the same people there every day and make online buddies.

This is kind of what's going on in BF4 but since that EA and other companies have shied from that model in favor or SBMM or in the case of Battlefield DICE publicly run servers where nobody gets banned, no admins are on, and different people play every day :laugh:

You don’t even get to be in the same lobby after a match. Finding friends is almost impossible.

Reactions: John Price

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad