GDT: Calgary Iginla (41-16-7) vs Minnesota Not Iginla (31-27-6) | 6:30PM Jersey Ceremony, 8PM Game Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
What can I say that hasn't been said in the Smith/Rittich thread... nothing.

Reactions: Sk8M8

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Burke: "No one is going to panic in Calgary".

Bruh, clearly you haven't watched Smith this year or the amount of games he gets.

Reactions: Sk8M8

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Smith should be fined every time he goes behind the net. Turned to UFC after that 2nd goal. Seen it too many times since he’s been a Flame and I’m sick of it. On Jarome’s night too. Shameful.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Smith should be fined every time he goes behind the net. Turned to UFC after that 2nd goal. Seen it too many times since he’s been a Flame and I’m sick of it. On Jarome’s night too. Shameful.

That's stupid but I am more worry about the last goal. That was pathetic and typical

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
I was hoping Smith would turn up solid for such a big night like this, but if this doesn't make him tighten up, I have high doubts that he'll also turn up solid for the playoff games as well.

It might be best to try to get Rittich on a hot streak heading into the playoffs.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Zucker had a fairly effective game. Auditioning for a draft day trade maybe? Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Treliving revisit this after the season. Hopefully for a sensible price. He'll need to save assets and cap space for a real 1B goalie to platoon with Rittich next season.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Let’s face it, no organization wants to head into the playoffs riding a rookie tender. It just isn’t an idea situation but Smith can’t be trusted. He’s been bad all year and I have a hard time believing that sooner or later he’d destroy all post season momentum. I don’t know if we win this game with Rittich but we definitely don’t gift them two goals.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Let’s face it, no organization wants to head into the playoffs riding a rookie tender.

Luckily Rittich is a sophomore.

But seriously this is overblown. A "rookie" goaltender (Matt Murray) has won two of the last three Stanley Cups. Vasilevskiy took Tampa to the ECF in 2016 when Bishop was "their guy". Hellebuyck took Winnipeg to the WCF last year.

You play your best goaltender and your best roster in the playoffs.

s3c0ndh4nd

Feb 23, 2019
Well, I flew 2000 miles to drop my record to 0-4-2. Sorry guys, my curse continues.

Worth it though to see Iggy's banner raised, and to get to enjoy a game among Flames fans rather than amongst 20,000 Leaf fans. I'll be back!

5 hours of sleep now and then a 7 AM flight back to Toronto.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
At what point does someone tell Smith to get back into the f***ing net after he misplays the puck? Like seriously, the guy always tries to battle do pucks behind the net. I’m just dumbfounded why he can’t figure out that’s not his job and puts us in a terrible position

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Pretty fitting on Iggy night this team underperforms and picks up an L. Essentially the Iggy years 2007-2013. We had to represent all his years.

My thoughts exactly. If it weren’t for Smiths elite puck handling and shot stopping skills I’d say we walk away with a 2-1 win as we had all the momentum up until that 2nd goal.

At least the ceremony was great, playoff atmosphere there for a bit. Oh well you can’t win em all. Let’s just move on and see what Rittich can do for a few games.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Anyone know who the gents were to Iggy’s right on the carpet? I recognize most, starting with Cammy, Grats, Rhetro, Bourque, Ferrence, Glenny, Commie, Sarich, ???, Reggie, Noodles, Gelinas, ???, Vernon, ???, Some guy with a mustache, and ???

Little help?

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I’m not gonna be one of the guys crucifying Smith in this thread, but I think we can all agree that the Zucker goal was incredibly frustrating to watch and entirely avoidable.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Dubnyk >>>> Smith and it wasn't even close. Dubnyk = playoff goalie
Do not want to meet this guy in the playoffs with Smith in the net.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Anyone know who the gents were to Iggy’s right on the carpet? I recognize most, starting with Cammy, Grats, Rhetro, Bourque, Ferrence, Glenny, Commie, Sarich, ???, Reggie, Noodles, Gelinas, ???, Vernon, ???, Some guy with a mustache, and ???

Little help?

Todd Simpson, Al Coates, I think Toni Lydman... and I can't recall the first player beside coates, even when they announced him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad