GDT: Calgary Iginla (41-16-7) vs Minnesota Not Iginla (31-27-6) | 6:30PM Jersey Ceremony, 8PM Game Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I have nightmares about that play.. well not really but I'm sure I will remember it for a loooooong time. Smith was like a dog with a bone and he just wasn't willing to give it up come hell or high water. Right now, when I think of Smith that what immediately pops into my mind. Certainly not one of his finer moments. Can we bolt a truck winch to the front of the net and attach the hook to the back of Smith's jersey and give the remote to Peters?
Smith plays the puck 10-20 times a game easily. You can count the number of times it has cost us a goal on one hand. He makes hundreds of good plays for every time it ends up in our net. By doing so, he removes tons of wear and tear off our defensemen, half he plays the puck, it saves one of them them from getting hit. Think about that for a moment, over the course of a season, he saves our blueliners from several hard hits (each) and dozens of bumps that slowly wear a player down over a season.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Chris Dingman. Don't think Lydman was there, the blond guy was Dean McAmmond.

I only remember Dingman because I was mildly surprised. Then realized these were his friends who happened to be former teammates.
It's funny because Dingman was on the Lightning team in '04. Bet he got a kick out of the "It was in" chants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad