Rumor: Calgary and Edmonton finalists for Virtanen PTO?

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
You’ll find more conversation about Calgary or CP on there. It’s almost like they have the little brother syndrome :laugh:
Funny you mention that.

Last I checked CP you had your own dedicated thread about the Oilers with a lot of funny people posting stuff that sure looks a lot to me like we actually live rent free in your heads. The thread is in its 10th edition. You better spend your time and worries on the Saddledome that is apparently falling apart (good thing you have a thread for that too).

And if you wonder why I check CP from time to time it's because I don't have much time to buy food and mostly have to order it online. We have great stuff in Switzerland and Italy is near too with all its great meat, spices and pasta. The salt though I only get from CP because it's really really salty and exactly my taste.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
I know it’s probably not doable cap wise but

Foegele - Mcleod - Virtanen sounds like a damn good 4th line.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Funny you mention that.

Last I checked CP you had your own dedicated thread about the Oilers with a lot of funny people posting stuff that sure looks a lot to me like we actually live rent free in your heads. The thread is in its 10th edition. You better spend your time and worries on the Saddledome that is apparently falling apart (good thing you have a thread for that too).

And if you wonder why I check CP from time to time it's because I don't have much time to buy food and mostly have to order it online. We have great stuff in Switzerland and Italy is near too with all its great meat, spices and pasta. The salt though I only get from CP because it's really really salty and exactly my taste.
Uhh what?

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Jesus Christ, just sign a pto with somebody. It doesn’t matter who. If you look good, someone will offer a contract. It’s not that hard.

It's a pretty big career decision, if he gets a contract it's 750k minimum and a chance at another contract, why wouldn't he try and make sure he chose the best possible destination?

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Finalists? Lol

Prepare to be disappointed, very disappointed.

Virtanen has low hockey sense. Has the speed and power to be successful at NHL level, but takes his shot opportunities at brutal angles, which usually results in wasted plays.
Would love to see him put it all together with another team, but don't count on him being in your top 6.

CgyFlamesftw

Apr 28, 2009
Funny you mention that.

HF Oil out of town is literally the same thing. Just doesn’t have a nice thread name to it.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It's a pretty big career decision, if he gets a contract it's 750k minimum and a chance at another contract, why wouldn't he try and make sure he chose the best possible destination?

I mean, a PTO is just a showcase. It doesn't mean the club that has you in camp will sign you for the season. You're just showcasing yourself to the rest of the league.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
HF Oil out of town is literally the same thing. Just doesn’t have a nice thread name to it.

It’s really not

that thread has hundreds of pages. The obsession and hate is borderline psychopathic. Some people legit need therapy or Jesus in there. Granted, half the posts are probably from three on zero and rubi.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
It’s really not

that thread has hundreds of pages. The obsession and hate is borderline psychopathic. Some people legit need therapy or Jesus in there. Granted, half the posts are probably from three on zero and rubi.

So, why is a thread on a different forum being discussed on this forum?
Most Flames fans here have little to no connection to CP; some, myself included, were essentially ostracized from that board for not drinking the cool-aid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Haatley

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Lol the Virtanen sweepstakes. The moment Vancouver drafted him was one of the happiest moments I'd had as a Jets fan to that point. Left Ehlers and Nylander on the board with only Toronto left to pick before us.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
It does become one , even if 3 teams offer him entry level pay, naturally somebody will move up in price a little or a lot. Moving up their offer to 1 million from 750k is suddenly a 25% increase. I think jakes sake an American city is the best but if Alberta is fine with him he’s ok then it’s a match. Jake does like Calgary according to him.
It’s a one third increase

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad