Calder Watch & Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Point #3 for Barzal

They will all read as secondary assists but if you watch all three they were all points well earned.

Barzal possesses the puck and makes great passes to the guys with the primary assist. He puts them in position to score.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I remember last game vs the Rangers, AV ripped apart his team afterwards and said the Barzal and his line dominated them haha.. Looks like its happening again...

AV will be having nightmares about the guy forever

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
I remember last game vs the Rangers, AV ripped apart his team afterwards and said the Barzal and his line dominated them haha.. Looks like its happening again...

AV will be having nightmares about the guy forever

Im pretty sure everyone is having nightmares about him at this point.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
Anyone who doesn't think secondary assists should count for much, needs to watch the second Islanders goal in tonight's game. Highlights don't do it justice because they don't start early enough in the sequence of plays. Start where he takes the puck from back in his own end, weaves through the entire Rangers team, and then lays down a perfect pass in the Rangers zone. The Islanders don't score there, but the play continues...Barzal then later grabs the puck, waits patiently, and dishes a perfect saucer pass which leads to a goal. That 1-minute sequence was a thing of beauty. It displayed elite speed, vision, and passing.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Matt "John Tavares is my 2nd line center" Barzal.

The Islanders score a lot of goals in large part due to Barzal. Pretty much every other line they have gets pinned in their own zone, game in and game out. Granted, he's having a bad game tonight, but Barzal is the Islanders best player in the vast majority of games this year. JT has a lot of points, but Barzal has been the better player this year.

So here's a question, because this is ultimately your implication, do you believe Boeser would have more points if they switched teams?

A couple of my posts from December/January. It's starting to look like JT may not even finish with more points than Barzal. Right now, Barzal is sitting right behind him, trailing by only one point.

upload_2018-2-15_20-35-11.png

Just curious what the people who claim Barzal's success is due in large part to JT and Bailey think about this? What happens if/when Barzal passes JT in points and ends up in the top 10? Is he still a product of JT and co.?

@Art of Sedinery
@Sayonara77

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-15_20-28-44.png
    upload_2018-2-15_20-28-44.png
    70 KB · Views: 3

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
A couple of my posts from December/January. It's starting to look like JT may not even finish with more points than Barzal. Right now, Barzal is sitting right behind him, trailing by only one point.

View attachment 98261

Just curious what the people who claim Barzal's success is due in large part to JT and Bailey think about this? What happens if/when Barzal passes JT in points and ends up in the top 10? Is he still a product of JT and co.?

@Art of Sedinery
@Sayonara77
Why the heck did you @ me?

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
I'd like to ask the same thing. Especially when I've been supportive of his boy for a while now.

Must have me confused with some one else, and if not, should atleast have the decency to quote the messages.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
F'N Kucherov, really think Barzal could make a run for the Art Ross and perhaps the Hart if it had not been for him

member 290103

Barzal has this won. I am still in awe of how he does it with so much weight on his shoulders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad