Calder Watch & Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Could not find a thread dedicated to the ROTY. Yes, it is very early, however that is the fun in predicting. We can all make our picks with much greater confidence 60 games into the season once we are realistically down to a few options....

However, based on the pedigree of the players and what you've observed as a spectator, who do you think the Calder will go to?

I am having a hard time ranking the following players so i'm going with Hischier, McAvoy & Ho-Sang. Maybe an Eastern Conference bias so feel free to add your 2 cents.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Sergachev has been pretty good but I doubt he takes the Calder.
Most likely he doesn't. I think Sergachev hasn't really surprised anyone either positively or negatively. He's making some mistakes you'd expect from any young rookie defenseman but still has been pretty solid. He would have to be better to be in the Calder discussions though.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Most likely he doesn't. I think Sergachev hasn't really surprised anyone either positively or negatively. He's making some mistakes you'd expect from any young rookie defenseman but still has been pretty solid. He would have to be better to be in the Calder discussions though.
He has surprised me positively, I expected worse play in his own zone.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Brock Boeser was a healthy scratch the 1st 2 games but has 1G and 1A in 2 GP.

He has an Elite Shot. Accurate and Has a ton of zip.

He also plays the point - half board spot on the PP1 for Van. He will get tons of points from Sedins feeding him on this spot.

I expect a 20 Goals 25 Assist season. Not sure if that will put him in contention for Calder.

Reactions: Hobby Bull

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Matt Murray is still rookie, isn't?

If yes, then he will win Calder Trophy. If not, then it will be a battle between Patrick, Keller and Butcher.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I'm trying to get a look or two at them all but i just haven't had the time.
So far from what i've seen, i like Keller.

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
Boeser looked really good in the ~30 minutes of the game I saw last night, how was he a scratch for the first two games?

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Keller and butcher are way ahead at this point.

Bratt is there too but by far the most unsustainable

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Brock Boeser was a healthy scratch the 1st 2 games but has 1G and 1A in 2 GP.

He has an Elite Shot. Accurate and Has a ton of zip.

He also plays the point - half board spot on the PP1 for Van. He will get tons of points from Sedins feeding him on this spot.

I expect a 20 Goals 25 Assist season. Not sure if that will put him in contention for Calder.

If Boeser can put up those numbers on this mess of a team he should be a finalist

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Keller and butcher are way ahead at this point.

Bratt is there too but by far the most unsustainable

I don't see how Keller is way ahead with 4 points, especially with Bratt at 6 points. Butcher is the only one way ahead.

I do agree the sustainabilty of Bratt is a question mark, but right now he is very much in it.

No one has gotten so far ahead that the rest of the pack is out of it. Nico, Boeser, ho-Sang, etc are all still have strong chances to be finalists or win it.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Brock Boeser has 6 points in 6 games, hopefully he can keep it up. It's really going to depend how much ice time coach Green is going to give him.. but from the trend we're seeing.. Sedins getting less then 13 minutes on some nights.. it's looking quite good.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Brock Boeser has 6 points in 6 games, hopefully he can keep it up. It's really going to depend how much ice time coach Green is going to give him.. but from the trend we're seeing.. Sedins getting less then 13 minutes on some nights.. it's looking quite good.

You really think a point a game is realistic or did you just mean keep producing?

Tough to choose, so many good horses in the race. I'm going to go with Butcher.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I
You really think a point a game is realistic or did you just mean keep producing?

Tough to choose, so many good horses in the race. I'm going to go with Butcher.

I meant production wise. A point a game is definately not realistic, but one can hope.

Reactions: iBlaze81

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Honourable mention to Kyle Connor - missed 5 games due to AHL but he has 2 points in 2 games and looks more than good enough to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->