4D9EBD66-BB80-4391-9629-36F02D0CCED0.jpeg

Troo Troo

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What was the 3rd period usage?

Game was in hand, I don’t really care much for things when that happens or else I’d be on him for playing the Goodrow line way too much.
It was unchanged. He played Trouba more because he plays Trouba more.

This was game 43. We're at the point where we can't keep trying to attach context to it. Our coach thinks Trouba is a better player.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Jeez, what a miserable bunch you are. Way to suck out all the joy from a Rangers win.

Still tops in Metro (see where cream of the division Devils are mired). Kakko’s back (and Chytil is getting ready). Shesterkin had a couple of strong games. A bit of a win streak that turned around 4-game losing streak (that really easily or more deservingly should’ve been 2:2 at worst).

Go for a walk to get some cold fresh air, maybe hit a gym for a quick workout or run… Life is too short to be miserable all the time

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Jeez, what a miserable bunch you are. Way to suck out all the joy from a Rangers win.

Still tops in Metro (see where cream of the division Devils are mired). Kakko’s back (and Chytil is getting ready). Shesterkin had a couple of strong games. A bit of a win streak that turned around 4-game losing streak (that really easily or more deservingly should’ve been 2:2 at worst).

Go for a walk to get some cold fresh air, maybe hit a gym for a quick workout or run… Life is too short to be miserable all the time

I’m with you said it earlier this is a first place team you’re watching. Watch other teams play you’re not going to be very impressed with what you see. Everyone has holes.

The Mika bashing probably bothers me the most.

He’ll most likely put up another point per game season while being an elite 2 way guy. Meanwhile Austin Matthews is ducking out of the way of shots for the leafs

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I’m with you said it earlier this is a first place team you’re watching. Watch other teams play you’re not going to be very impressed with what you see. Everyone has holes.

He’ll most likely put up another point per game season while being an elite 2 way guy. Meanwhile Austin Matthews is ducking out of the way of shots for the leafs

I criticize out of love. I know he's capable of more. And if we want to win anything we need him to be.

Reactions: Vaheh

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Lavi just said you need your goalie to make big saves in reference to Igor's game. But in the few games where Igor didn't make any big saves, Lavi blamed the play in front of him. I sense a confidence issue for Igor that he's hopefully moving past
It's much easier to blame team defense than goaltending. In one scenario, you're assign group blame to 18 people. In another, you're laying it at a single player's feet. You rarely see a coach call out a specific player. It's just optics.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

The S5

Jul 27, 2017

You have to admit that the guy is is streaky at best. Also, the idea that he is elite defensively is silly. I'm not saying he is a bad player, but this team needs a lot more out of him to contend.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Watched the first two periods this morning, man, Brodzinski with a heck of a game.

Played very well in the middle with Cuylle & Wheeler. I know everyone thinks Laviolette loves Bonino and Goodrow (he def does on the PK) but he keeps demoting them. Bonino now on line 4 and Goodrow, who also looked much better in his first game without the face shield, is now playing wing. I am curious to see who comes out for Pitlick. I expect it to be Jonny B, but mostly because of how good Vesey-Goodrow-Pitlick looked when they were together. Maybe 2 big bodies on the wing can mask Bonino's 5v5 deficiencies. If i were coach id stick with this.

Cuylle-Brodz-Wheeler
Vesey-Goodrow-Pitlick

Actually pretty solid pre-deadline bottom 6 imo

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
getting caught deep continues to be a problem.

Way too many oddman rushes.

Is it a systems/execution problem? 3 forwards get caught deep too often.
And then the strongside defender goes oh shit I better keep this puck in the zone to prevent an oddman, and a quick chip turns a 3 on 2 into a dreaded 2 on 1

Reactions: duhmetreE

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
My Artemi bobblehead has hair on it. I’m debating if it’s an evil voodoo doll
Rangers' fandom means never letting your guard down.

getting caught deep continues to be a problem.

Way too many oddman rushes.

Is it a systems/execution problem? 3 forwards get caught deep too often.
Yes! How many times do we the forwards accelerating toward the O-zone but somehow the puck got turned around & the opponent has an odd-man rush? And the players always seem surprised when this happens.

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
As much as Kakko has underwhelmed so far, that line and team because of it look night and day with him at RW.

Igor looking like an NHL goaltender can't hurt either, tbf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad