Post-Game Talk: Calamari

3 Stars

• Total voters

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Kandre is not interested in playng hockey this year...if i were to guess him and coaching staff oil and vinegar
Which is weird, because on paper I thought he'd thrive under a Laviolette system. No one knows why he missed those couple of games earlier this season for "personal reasons". I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
The Trouba Miller pair is unplayable.

24:07 for Trouba is outrageous.

I know the numbers don’t bear it out but watching live, Miller is much more of a problem than Trouba. Miller is fumbling every puck and throwing grenades on every outlet pass. He needs to trust himself to skate it out because that’s when he looks most effective

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Can anyone explain the Wheeler for Kakko move at the end. There is no reason that makes sense. We want defense to protect the lead? That's not Wheeler. This is about building confidence? Kakko certainly needs that more. I just don't get it. Unless I missed an icing and it was mid change?

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
Four minutes more than Fox at 5v5. Laviolette is Lenny from Of Mice and Men. Too stupid to be alive.

yeah this is way more egregious than anything Gallant did. say what you want about him but his player usage was better than this.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
I'm not going to complain about anything other than one thing. That second goal was Trouba taking a shit in Igor's face. Guy's had a tough season but was having one of his best games and then they just let the Kraken score with no resistance. Just pathetic.
Guys had a tough season, what the heck are you talking about. Guys been fantastic as usual what do you just make stuff. He’s a very good player, he’s the heart and soul of the team. I love that, teams 28-13, guys had a tough season. That’s an incredible statement.

Reactions: egelband and FUZfan

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Guys had a tough season, what the heck are you talking about. Guys been fantastic as usual what do you just make stuff. He’s a very good player, he’s the heart and soul of the team. I love that, teams 28-13, guys had a tough season. That’s an incredible statement.
You've showed up out of nowhere to be the MSG press agent, it seems. Is this Al Trautwig trying to get back into Dolan's good graces?!?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Who are you talking about Trouba or Shesterkin? I'm talking about Shesterkin. And Trouba has been one of our worst players if you're talking about him.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Can anyone explain the Wheeler for Kakko move at the end. There is no reason that makes sense. We want defense to protect the lead? That's not Wheeler. This is about building confidence? Kakko certainly needs that more. I just don't get it. Unless I missed an icing and it was mid change?
Maybe just a screwed up change. Vinny took the draw. Possibly, hopefully, Wheeler pops on as the next center up instead of the winger. I'd like to think that but I'm probably wrong and that was the plan.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
He is not wrong, Igor hasn't had a good season for good/great goalie standards.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Kakko is a bigger Jesper Fast and there’s really nothing wrong with that
Jere Lehtinen. Said it since he was drafted. Was just hoping with a little more offensive upside than Lehtinen. You win Cups with Lehtinen's on the roster.

I offer him 7 years, $28 million this summer and laugh all the way to two Cups during that contract if he signs it.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
This is a different (better) team when Kakko plays versus when he doesn't. The Rangers have two good lines now instead of one. Get Chytil back and there are 3 good lines and a decent 4th line.

The defense is still a concern for me. I have no idea of how to address it.
They're lazy; they go for the poke-check instead of taking the body. They cheat too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad