C William Nylander (2014, 8th, TOR) VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
At the same age Skinner was playing in the NHL, at the same age Larkin is playing in the NHL.

What does that have to do with anything? It's not a sprint, it's a marathon. Daniel Sprong cracked the NHL this year too.

Terrible post.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
People in general watch NHL hockey and those who play it, their more interested in Guy's who play there than player's who might be at some time.

Okay? I don't entirely disagree but we are on a board that has a big focus on prospects, young players and development so I'd reckon a lot of us care about prospects in the minors.

Also I don't know what that had to do with the Nylander-Skinner comparison which is what I thought was the point of discussion. If Skinner was ahead of Nylander at the same age then great. It doesn't mean Nylander is doomed to be a lesser player than Skinner at his peak.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'd say he&Rantanen are going to be top2 there.

Yep, you can make a case for Matthews, maybe even Marner as well. It's certainly debatable each way.

Either way if Nylander and Kapanen end up heading over for the WJC (and it sounds like they are) - the WJC just got even better. Even if I personally didn't want to see Nylander or Kapanen go over, no doubt it just makes for better hockey. I look forward to seeing this tournament kick off :)

Rantanen will be a nice add for Finland too, he's been doing quite well in the AHL.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Interesting.

I think it could do wonders for Kapanen, a chance to dominate play in a huge tournament like this.

I don't see it making that much of a difference for Nylander, but what do I know.

Regardless, I'm really excited to see Nylander and Marner go head to head. I always look forward to the World Juniors, but this year is going to be especially exciting!

I do actually, never underestimate how much playing elimination games can do for a players development. I think playing against the 4-5 top teams in the WJC is probably going to be harder to play than the AHL teams because of how motivated every single player on every team is. They want to win badly, more so than your average AHL player would want to win in your mid season AHL game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad