1. F/ connor mcdavid
2. F/ jack eichel
3. D/ noah hanifin
4. F/ matt barzal
5. D/ oliver kylington
6. F/ paval zacha
7. D/ jeremy roy
8. F/ travis konecny

The top end talent in this draft is unbelivable. He would easily be top 3 in the 2014 draft. I think he can go in the top 5 next season if he continues to grow. Kylington is starting to move up and i think that he may pass hanifin, it will be intresting to see which defenseman is taken first. Roys very good but not on the same level as the other 2. Barzal imo is better then konecny, theres not a huge gap but barzals offensive skills are top 3 in the draft. Zacha is big, skilled, and all around solid. It will defenitly be and exciting year next year and i think we will see most of these guys possibly playing at the WJC

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I currently have him at #8 behind these guys

1. F/ connor mcdavid
2. F/ jack eichel
3. D/ noah hanifin
4. F/ matt barzal
5. D/ oliver kylington
6. F/ paval zacha
7. D/ jeremy roy
8. F/ travis konecny

The top end talent in this draft is unbelivable. He would easily be top 3 in the 2014 draft. I think he can go in the top 5 next season if he continues to grow. Kylington is starting to move up and i think that he may pass hanifin, it will be intresting to see which defenseman is taken first. Roys very good but not on the same level as the other 2. Barzal imo is better then konecny, theres not a huge gap but barzals offensive skills are top 3 in the draft. Zacha is big, skilled, and all around solid. It will defenitly be and exciting year next year and i think we will see most of these guys possibly playing at the WJC

I haven't seen all those guys play or have only seen small sample sizes (Kylington, Hanifin and Zacha). But if their are eight better players then Konecny in 2015 then they are truly expectional. Because for me Konecny would be the first pick in is an elite prospect and would be a top 3 pick in 14'.

If he grows alittle I can honestly see him challenging Eichel for the second pick, finding a center like him with that release is extremely rare.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
My gut says that McDavid and Hanifin go 1-2.

I don't see much separation between Eichel, Barzal and Konecny.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I currently have him at #8 behind these guys

1. F/ connor mcdavid
2. F/ jack eichel
3. D/ noah hanifin
4. F/ matt barzal
5. D/ oliver kylington
6. F/ paval zacha
7. D/ jeremy roy
8. F/ travis konecny

i think after mcdavid it's pretty up in the air. i think konecny will probably end up top 5...maybe top 3. i don't think hanifin will be top 3. for me, roy's still a question mark.

also - you need to mix in marner.

i hope for big things re konecny. i think people sometimes don't get just what he's accomplished this year.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
i think after mcdavid it's pretty up in the air. i think konecny will probably end up top 5...maybe top 3. i don't think hanifin will be top 3. for me, roy's still a question mark.

also - you need to mix in marner.

i hope for big things re konecny. i think people sometimes don't get just what he's accomplished this year.
How much of Hanifin have you seen? Or the other players on the list?

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
I've seen a bit of Hanifin. I've seen Konecny and McDavid the most by far. I've also seen Barzal, Eichel, and Roy a bit. I haven't seen Kylington or Zacha at all.
Excellent. It always annoys me when people give strong opinions of players and have hardly seen them enough to be able to accurately judge their game let alone predict where they rank compared to other prospects.

Ed Belfour

Nov 9, 2011
Toronto
Saw this kid live a few times, and oh my lord can he skate. He makes extremely high skilled moves at top speed. Often the defensemen have no chance.

He still has a tendency to outskate his linemates on rushes because he's so fast.

Blues

holy moly its been a while
Feb 21, 2014
Ontario
Did anyone see his beauty goal vs london tonight? It was awesome! This guy deserves to be a top 5 pick in 2015.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

season's over and he put up 26 + 44 = 70 in 63 games. what's even more impressive is he led his team in points.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
My gut says that McDavid and Hanifin go 1-2.

I don't see much separation between Eichel, Barzal and Konecny.

Funny thing is that Corey Pronman has rated Kylington with #1 overall potential and he isnt even in this list

This isnt a bash on your list either but a praise to the insane depth of this draft.

@CoreyPronman said:
Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman Mar 13
Eichel and Kylington RT @Homersampson: @coreypronman how many players have #1 potential next year if it werent for McDavid?

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Funny thing is that Corey Pronman has rated Kylington with #1 overall potential and he isnt even in this list

This isnt a bash on your list either but a praise to the insane depth of this draft.

Kylington is nowhere near Hanifin, let alone being in contention for first overall over McDavid/Eichel. I guess viewing one NA skills competition against a minor league squad makes one want to give readers shock value.

My Pronman-esque comparison is he will be 2015's McKeown. Massive promise to start the year, then will drop considerably once scouts realize he has holes in his game. He may fall even worse than RM. His hockey sense and D is that bad currently.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Kylington is nowhere near Hanifin, let alone being in contention for first overall over McDavid/Eichel. I guess viewing one NA skills competition against a minor league squad makes one want to give readers shock value.

My Pronman-esque comparison is he will be 2015's McKeown. Massive promise to start the year, then will drop considerably once scouts realize he has holes in his game. He may fall even worse than RM. His hockey sense and D is that bad currently.

Thanks for the report. I havent seen much of him but Ive been really impressed at his ability to play in the SHL at such a young age. Guess theres more to it than that.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Thanks for the report. I havent seen much of him but Ive been really impressed at his ability to play in the SHL at such a young age. Guess theres more to it than that.

He has great talent but right now he's not close to Hanifin imo. I don't see him going top 3 whereas Hanifin has a very strong chance of doing that. I'd say Konecny also has a better chance of going #3 than Kylington. A lot can and will change by then of course but I'd put Kylington closer to the bottom of this elite top of the order cluster.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
He has great talent but right now he's not close to Hanifin imo. I don't see him going top 3 whereas Hanifin has a very strong chance of doing that. I'd say Konecny also has a better chance of going #3 than Kylington. A lot can and will change by then of course but I'd put Kylington closer to the bottom of this elite top of the order cluster.

Yeah, I think the reference that Pronman was making was #1 in other draft years, but I get it

19gisigr88

Apr 3, 2014
Since i haven't seen much of him besides his sick wrister, who would you compare Konecny most to?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Since i haven't seen much of him besides his sick wrister, who would you compare Konecny most to?

I won't claim to be an expert because I've only seen him at the U17's, but he reminded me a little of Datsyuk. Same puck-stripping ability, hands, skating, stature.

leftwinglockdown

Dude Guy
Apr 29, 2011
Canada
Ottawa 67′s Travis Konecny wins OHL rookie of the year, gets ‘motivation’ from being in Connor McDavid’s league

For what it is worth, Travis Konecny got more points in the OHL rookie of the year vote than his contemporary Connor McDavid did last season.

So the die is cast for the 2015 NHL draft, except no, not really, since each highly touted 17-year-old centre has manifold merits and both are on course to have bountiful pro careers. The rub is Konecny, who was named the winner of the Emms Family Award on Thursday, appreciates being in the same league as the Erie Otters phenom who's at the head of his draft class. It helps the Ottawa 67's centre get an idea of what bar he's trying to reach.

"I love having him [McDavid] in our league, he's a great player and that gives me something to push towards," said Konecny, who received 91 of 95 possible points in the balloting, exceeding the 85 McDavid — albeit as a 15-year-old — received in 2012-13. "I love to watch him and see what he does and use that as my motivation to push harder.

"Moving into next year, I just think I want to get stronger and give myself more room on the ice, and then work on little things like D [defensive] zone," the Clachan, Ont., native added. "I don't like to stress myself out too much so I'll just work on one at a time."

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/j...s-konecny-wins-ohl-rookie-gets-195351373.html

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box

I'd go Taylor Hall. Fast as all hell, can strip the puck and has the same shot and playmaking ability. Plays in the middle though so less prone to dashing up the wing

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa

Seen him a lot and he reminds me a lot of Matt Duchene. He's just so slick with the puck it's amazing to watch. Incredible wheels, plays a 200 foot game, and plays with a lot of intensity. Any draft year without a generational talent, I would take him first overall. He's a franchise player in the making and has the drive to be a successful pro.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
2015 is simply stacked for the draft. Insane. Like 5 guys could be #1 overall picks in any other year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad