C/W Travis Konecny (2015, 24th, PHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

usascout1

Nov 2, 2012
Saw him play 4 games at u17 worlds....he is not a top 5. Maybe top 10 but noway he passes Hanifin Eichel or Barzal. Liked Marner better on team Ontario.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Saw him play 4 games at u17 worlds....he is not a top 5. Maybe top 10 but noway he passes Hanifin Eichel or Barzal. Liked Marner better on team Ontario.

Did not play his best at the u17. He is definitely above Marner at this point and could very well be on par with Barzal.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Did not play his best at the u17. He is definitely above Marner at this point and could very well be on par with Barzal.

I have seen both play live well all three actually....no way he is near Barzal in talent, Barzal is on a different level than him...I agree Konecny did not play his best at the U17s but I have seen him play beside that tournament and though impressed with him, I do not think Marner is to far from him, I really like Marner......Barzal's ability to take over the offensive end is like not many in the draft, his vision, hockey sense and passing ability is off the charts.

FriedEgg

Sep 26, 2009
Two more goals and one assist tonight. 47 points in 41 games on the season.

Watched him live tonight for the first time. Wow. Kid was the best player on the ice. Two wicked snap shots, what a release.

For the record, Sean Day looks much more confident now. Poised and in control. What a skater.

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011

I think he is worthy of the hype.
He tried to do too much individually at under 17 but he will grow out of that in time.
I like his edge and is willingness to compete. Lots of talent .

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Kid is a beast. 15 points in his last 9 games with 5 goals. McDavid has 17 points in his last 9 games with 4 goals.

Next year's draft is ridiculous. If Ottawa could somehow get Konecny...

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
This kid has such a sick release. Fools goalies with just how quick it is.

Last edited:

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
This kid has such a sick release. Fools goalies with just how quick it is.

One of the best releases i've ever seen in the CHL. This kid has the tools to become a legit top-line player in the NHL.

Can't wait for the '15 draft!

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
Scored his 20th goal and 60th point of the season tonight with 15 games left to play.

Basically a lock for rookie of the year in the OHL.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
What's not to like about this player? I think this is going to be a player scouts and GMs fall in love with in his draft year. He has it all...

-he has an elite release, can score from all over the ice
-he has elite puck skills
- great skater in all aspects
-dynamic offensively, is multi-dimensional
-has a high motor and competes hard

The only negative is he is 5'10" but I don't think size would ever hold this player back. For me right now, he is in the mix with a few others in that second tier.

GuillaumeLetsundress*

keep waiting for him to do into a slump but every damn game he is poppin up, he is the driving force for ottawas offense, leading his team in scoring by 5 pts.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
What's not to like about this player? I think this is going to be a player scouts and GMs fall in love with in his draft year. He has it all...

-he has an elite release, can score from all over the ice
-he has elite puck skills
- great skater in all aspects
-dynamic offensively, is multi-dimensional
-has a high motor and competes hard

The only negative is he is 5'10" but I don't think size would ever hold this player back. For me right now, he is in the mix with a few others in that second tier.

Other negative, IMHO, is his tendency to want to do too much, but that probably stems from him being so much better than his peers his whole life. And he can be a little over-ambitious with his dangles (but a lot of kids are and once their talent reaches their ambition they can be successful).

Honestly, the player he reminds me of the most with the puck is Pavel Datsyuk.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
He might be the best player after McDavid and Eichel in 2015.

Watching him play a few times, hes definitely more advanced than guys like Duchene, Seguin at the same age. While he is definitely more of a go-to guy than both those guys were in their rookie seasons, you have to remember that greater opportunity doesnt always mean better stats.

The skill level he has is outstanding.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
something i love about konecny is he's been in a 'tough spot' this year on a non-competitive team (but a high quality organization) - and has, as a 16 year old, frequently dictated the fate of the team in a particular game...what i mean by that is that i've noticed that, not infrequently, konecny's play ends up dictating how the game goes for the 67s.

...something else i've noticed about konecny - in a 'micro' sense - is his ability to make 'something' out of nothing - ... just when you think there's nothing going on, konecny will start...and finish - plays all by himself. impressive for any player, not the least of whom a 16/17 yr old rookie.

just to touch on something i said above...i'm happy konecny is w/ the 67s. even though the team hasn't finished well the last couple of years, imo it's a very high quality OHL team and one he's well to play on.

spfan

May 4, 2009
He might be the best player after McDavid and Eichel in 2015.

Watching him play a few times, hes definitely more advanced than guys like Duchene, Seguin at the same age. While he is definitely more of a go-to guy than both those guys were in their rookie seasons, you have to remember that greater opportunity doesnt always mean better stats.

The skill level he has is outstanding.

I'd say Konecny might be the 2nd best player for 2015. Kylington, Hanifin, Barzal are great too.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

surprised his year isn't getting more attention. his team is **** and he's ++ 1ppg, even tho he's a rook.

why not more love?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
something i love about konecny is he's been in a 'tough spot' this year on a non-competitive team (but a high quality organization) - and has, as a 16 year old, frequently dictated the fate of the team in a particular game...what i mean by that is that i've noticed that, not infrequently, konecny's play ends up dictating how the game goes for the 67s.

...something else i've noticed about konecny - in a 'micro' sense - is his ability to make 'something' out of nothing - ... just when you think there's nothing going on, konecny will start...and finish - plays all by himself. impressive for any player, not the least of whom a 16/17 yr old rookie.

just to touch on something i said above...i'm happy konecny is w/ the 67s. even though the team hasn't finished well the last couple of years, imo it's a very high quality OHL team and one he's well to play on.

Definitely agree. He's so creative and is constantly interested in scoring. He can just create stuff by himself, while his linemates are on a change, or whatever. It's special. And highly entertaining.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I wonder how he stacks up leaguewide in this respect, but Konecny has 27 points in his last 16 games with 9 goals.

Just madness.

aef1400

Mar 20, 2013
If Konecny falls out of the top 5 in next year's draft, he will be an absolute steal. Kid is a stud. Bet you could make the same argument for a lot of those guys being considered near the top of next years draft.

Haanz

Mar 2, 2013
If Konecny falls out of the top 5 in next year's draft, he will be an absolute steal. Kid is a stud. Bet you could make the same argument for a lot of those guys being considered near the top of next years draft.

I agree. When all is said and done, I think he will be a top three player from that draft class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad