C Sam Reinhart (2014, 2nd, BUF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
He had an excellent game last night. A few more like that and his roster spot is solid, appeared to really have some nice confidence.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Nasty assist from the kid last night. He's showing his draft pedigree these past few games. His hockey IQ is off the charts.
+14 ES corsi and a highlight assist in a game his team loses 7-2, better bump the Nylander thread instead.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
He's been coming on. I thought he looked great last night, an dhad been building up to that in previous games. You get the impression that he's got a feel for the game at the NHL level.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Sam Reinhart is such a forgotten man right now. I don't know if that's good or bad for his development, but it's certainly very quiet. Eichel is drawing all the press, but Reinhart has been quietly impressive this year and has been night and day better this year than he was in his audition last season. We tend to forget he's still 19. What a talent. Had Eichel made that pass, it would have lit up national news.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Nasty assist from the kid last night. He's showing his draft pedigree these past few games. His hockey IQ is off the charts.

Reinhardt's a smart player, but I don't think he saw Moulson on that play.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Reinhardt's a smart player, but I don't think he saw Moulson on that play.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Definitely a nice play, but all he did was throw the puck to the front of the net like players do all the time. Sometimes there is a teammate right there (like in this case) and sometimes that is a pass to nobody. So definitely a nice play, but it's not like he was specifically trying to pass to Moulson.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
If you have seen Reinhart play before that is standard stuff from him, he makes passes like that all the time... it is his MO.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
If you have seen Reinhart play before that is standard stuff from him, he makes passes like that all the time... it is his MO.

That's great. There was no way possible for him to see where Moulson was. He threw the puck behind him and towards the front of the net and one of his players happened to be there. Again, nice play, but he wasn't aiming specifically for Moulson at specifically that spot.

I'm glad to see they aren't playing him 10 minutes a night anymore. Put him on a scoring line and let him learn.

Last edited:

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
That's great. There was no way possible for him to see where Moulson was. He threw the puck behind him and towards the front of the net and one of his players happened to be there. Again, nice play, but he wasn't aiming specifically for Moulson at specifically that spot.

I'm glad to see they aren't playing him 10 minutes a night anymore. Put him on a scoring line and let him learn.

Do you ever get tired of going into every Buffalo thread and ******** on anything nice anyone has to say about our team? Don't think i've seen you once say "yea that was nice". It's always "that was nice.....but here are the reasons why it's actually not that nice"

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Do you ever get tired of going into every Buffalo thread and ******** on anything nice anyone has to say about our team? Don't think i've seen you once say "yea that was nice". It's always "that was nice.....but here are the reasons why it's actually not that nice"

I said it was nice.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo

Yeah, I don't get it either. Even if he didn't know he was there, he knew where he was just before he moved into that position. He played the puck where Matt was supposed to be (which is just as good of a play).

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
Sam Reinhart is such a forgotten man right now. I don't know if that's good or bad for his development, but it's certainly very quiet. Eichel is drawing all the press, but Reinhart has been quietly impressive this year and has been night and day better this year than he was in his audition last season. We tend to forget he's still 19. What a talent. Had Eichel made that pass, it would have lit up national news.

Just because Sabre's fans don't pump the threads of their prospects after every game to proclaim them as surefire franchise-centers or similar nonsense, doesn't mean Reinhart is forgotten. He is not your flash and dash player that gives you highlight reel moves every game. Despite that he is averaging 0,5 ppg, which is pretty good on a snakebitten team like Sabres atm. And he does defensively well as well (like expected). That's pretty much noticed on Sabres board.

What comes to the Reinhart's pass to Moulson, it really doesn't matter did he saw Moulson there specifically. But Reinhart never makes dangerous blind passes, so he at least was clearly aware that there was an empty space and he also was aware that both of his forward linemates weren't near him... That's why some players are described as having eyes on their back - they can analyse the game with the information their perception gives them and conclude the rest. Reinhart's biggest asset is able to process the game as fast as anyone, and that pass was just a great example of it.

Anyone saying that it was just a fortunate blind pass most likely hasn't watched Reinhart too much.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Not for nothing, but if you watch the replay you can clearly see Reinhart look over his shoulder towards Moulson before samson picks up the puck.

So ya I think he knew Moulson was there.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011

Just to nitpick: he's in his 20 y/o season for practical purposes. He's only 19 until early November.

sah braise

Dec 24, 2014
too bad Larsson is on the right.

They just need someone to help grab pucks from the corners and assist with those board battles. He's likely the best candidate for that even though he hasn't played great as of late. Hopefully he can pick it up

dynastyleaguehockey

Jun 13, 2013
www.dynastyleaguehockey.com
I think his speed and strength were really the biggest questions people had on Reinhart going into this season. I thought against Montreal he looked very good skating. His speed has improved a ton and it looks like he will continue as he gets more comfortable. Once he starts adding some pounds he will be a very very good player.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
How about Reinhart as a net presence? He has been screening the goalie on many of the goals Buffalo scored, even if he doesn't get assists for those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad