C Sam Reinhart (2014, 2nd, BUF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Can someone please tell me about this kid. I know he was a top pick in the latest WHL Bantam Draft and had a good Canada Games. What kind of skill set does he have and is he expected to be a top NHL pick? I became curious about this player after noticing he put up 9 points 3 goals 6 assists in his teams opening game of the telus cup in which his team won 12-5

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
He is an all around skill forward. More of a passer but has an excellent shot as well. Has the speed to take guy wide with strength or beat them one on one with a deke or slick pass. He is not draft eligible until 2014 because of his late birthday and I am expecting him to go very high in the 2014 draft.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
He's a late 95 so he's 2014 and some people are saying 1st overall. Has 2 brothers max and griffin. Max was drafted in 2010 3rd round and griffin is projected to go high in 2012. I saw him play at canada games and was impressed with his intelligence as well as physical gifts, looks to be a promising player if he continues to improve.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I will say I saw this guy play and he is Rick Nash clone...he has great speed, great hands with the puck, excellent shooter, good passer, he is creative, he likes bringing the puck and beating his man along the boards and then cutting to the net like Nash, if his shot is taken he is a very good playmaker and passer as well, but he is a really a Rick Nash clone.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Very solid and complete player with a great head on his shoulders. Saw him play in 2 games last week for the Ice against Saskatoon. Did not look out of place AT ALL as a 15 year old, centering their 3rd line.

An excellent player.

What makes it even more unbelieveable is the fact that he isn't even eligible until the 2014 draft. Great bloodlines obviously too, with 2 brothers in the WHL already and a former NHLer for a father.

Tont

May 4, 2006
1g, 3a tonight. 3g, 9a 12p in his last four games, and the kid just turned 16. That is unreal.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
another 4 assists tonight, seems to be really turning it on as of late, 26 points now in 27 games as a 16 year old in the whl, not bad.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
I'd say he's a better version of his older brother Max - a good, all around forward with much higher offensive potential.

He's currently putting up point totals that are almost equal to Max, but he's three years younger.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
If there's one more brother they can be the next Staal's :sarcasm:

And there is one more brother - Griffin - who happens to be a defenceman and will be drafted fairly high, so yeah they will be much like the Staals in all likelihood.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Excellent player. Saw him live last night for the first time since last season's playoffs.

Quite possibly the smartest 16 year old I've seen in the last few years. Just understands where to be and when, excellent hockey sense.

Not only that, but he has the skills for this level too. Great vision and playmaker. Great ability to defend the puck against bigger and stronger players.

His 4 assists last night weren't cheap ones either, a few great plays out of him.

Can't believe he just turned 16.

Faryn

Dec 11, 2009
Calgary AB
Hopefully the Oilers can obtain them all :D

Calgary has Max and I don't think they will be trading him away anytime soon. I would love for them to pick up Griffin if they can claw their way out of the deep basement into the 5-10 range and I don't think they will have a draft pick any where close to where Sam will be picked in 2014 (atleast I hope).

One out of 3 aint bad though and it would be sick to see two brothers facing off in the battle of Alberta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad