C Sam Reinhart (2014, 2nd, BUF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Do you guys see ROR as a center for you next season or as a winger? Is Eichel looking like he'll start at center?

ROR is the 1st line center next year and most likely for at least the first 3 years of his contract. 2nd line center should be one of Eichel or Reinhart. 3rd line center will be Johan Larsson or Sam Reinhart. 4th line center is Legwand.

Most likely for 2nd line is Eichel at center. Eichel can also play RW on the top line or RW for Reinhart.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Do you guys see ROR as a center for you next season or as a winger? Is Eichel looking like he'll start at center?
after development camp in thinking Reinhart breaks in at center and Eichel breaks in on the wing.

Center position being ROR/Girgensons/Reinhart

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Let's just wait with this, he isn't even a regular player in the NHL yet.

I'll respond to my portion of the quotes you referenced just so there's no confusion of being tied in with Super Sabres Fan...

The qualities I speak of don't need to be proven in the NHL for them to exist. I have tried my hardest to follow him as much as I can since we were in the running to draft him. He has shown to be the glue that held the WJC together when they were up a goal and needed (IIRC) 3 faceoffs won in their own end. He helped his Junior climb from the bottom and help them on the path to the playoffs. His interviews show he knows how to conduct himself professionally in front of the media, which usually can be a clue with how he is in the room.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
ROR is the 1st line center next year and most likely for at least the first 3 years of his contract. 2nd line center should be one of Eichel or Reinhart. 3rd line center will be Johan Larsson or Sam Reinhart. 4th line center is Legwand.

Most likely for 2nd line is Eichel at center. Eichel can also play RW on the top line or RW for Reinhart.

I think it will only take one year before Eichel overtakes ROR as the Sabres top centre. ROR is the perfect compliment to him, though, and they will have the luxury of picking their spots with either of them based on game situations and matchups.

MastuhNinks

Apr 30, 2011
The Iron Throne
I think it will only take one year before Eichel overtakes ROR as the Sabres top centre. ROR is the perfect compliment to him, though, and they will have the luxury of picking their spots with either of them based on game situations and matchups.
Yeah I wouldn't get too caught up in who has the title of #1C. It's going to be a 1A/1B situation with ROR taking the tougher defensive assignments and Eichel most likely 1st unit PP.

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
3 assists in the preseason game tonight against the Leafs. Anyone have any thoughts on if he looks ready for the NHL? Or should he go back to the AHL to season up a bit.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
3 assists in the preseason game tonight against the Leafs. Anyone have any thoughts on if he looks ready for the NHL? Or should he go back to the AHL to season up a bit.

He's ready for the NHL. He'll have growing pains but he'll get sheltered when needed.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Hes AHL eligible so the Sabres have the luxury of keeping him or yanking him back and forth. He will be fine either way.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY

That's your standard Reinhart game. Barely notice him but racks up 3 points and should have had a 4th with another nice pass.

As for NHL readiness, he looks completely different than last year. Much better skater and bulked up enough so that he can not be pushed around.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

He's ready. He's had some gaffes in the defensive zone but given his track record I'm inclined to say he should be cleaning those up at the NHL level. With the ability to slide him to wing and lessen the load on him he should be worked in easily enough.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
He's ready. He's had some gaffes in the defensive zone but given his track record I'm inclined to say he should be cleaning those up at the NHL level. With the ability to slide him to wing and lessen the load on him he should be worked in easily enough.

I think the plan is to keep him. The question will be where does he play. I kind of hate what I saw with Reinhart centering McGinn and Gionta. Just didn't do anything for me. Reinhart needs at least one power forward type and it would be a waste not to pair him with someone that can finish. Maybe McGinn can be that guy?

RickyR

Dec 8, 2013
I think the plan is to keep him. The question will be where does he play. I kind of hate what I saw with Reinhart centering McGinn and Gionta. Just didn't do anything for me. Reinhart needs at least one power forward type and it would be a waste not to pair him with someone that can finish. Maybe McGinn can be that guy?

Hah they should trade for Domi

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
That's your standard Reinhart game. Barely notice him but racks up 3 points and should have had a 4th with another nice pass.

As for NHL readiness, he looks completely different than last year. Much better skater and bulked up enough so that he can not be pushed around.

That's great I hope Reinhart proves all the doubters wrong . Buffalo will be a deadly team very soon.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I think McGinn-Reinhart-Gionta works fine as the third-best line. At wing though the possibilities are pretty endless considering our team has no real established combinations. If he's not playing center than one of Zemgus or Larsson could center the third line. Reinhart could flank one of them... or ROR... or Eichel. I'm not worried about the specifics of how the players fit together because the coaching staff and half the team is new. They can figure it out over the first month of the season.

He needs to be given important PP minutes, though. That's where he will be able to produce regardless of what line he's on or what position he's playing. It'll do a lot to not only keep pushing his confidence but also to bring better returns on him being in the line-up.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Gionta still has a little bit left in the tank and McGinn if healthy may be a mid-teens kind of goal scorer. Foligno may also get some road-grader work up the lineup at times, perhaps with Reinhart as well.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think McGinn-Reinhart-Gionta works fine as the third-best line. At wing though the possibilities are pretty endless considering our team has no real established combinations. If he's not playing center than one of Zemgus or Larsson could center the third line. Reinhart could flank one of them... or ROR... or Eichel. I'm not worried about the specifics of how the players fit together because the coaching staff and half the team is new. They can figure it out over the first month of the season.

He needs to be given important PP minutes, though. That's where he will be able to produce regardless of what line he's on or what position he's playing. It'll do a lot to not only keep pushing his confidence but also to bring better returns on him being in the line-up.

They do have some lineup flexibility and having O'Rielly around allows them to shelter both Eichel and Reinhart from tougher D-zone minutes if needed. Heck, they can put Girgensons in that role and easily slide Reinhart to the wing if needed.

I like the idea of him seeing PP duty, as we saw tonight where his smarts and play making ability put his linemates in positions to succeed.

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
Gionta still has a little bit left in the tank and McGinn if healthy may be a mid-teens kind of goal scorer. Foligno may also get some road-grader work up the lineup at times, perhaps with Reinhart as well.

I would like to see them stick Foligno with Reinhart if they haven't already.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I would like to see them stick Foligno with Reinhart if they haven't already.

They haven't yet this training camp. Considering how well Marcus has played so far, I wouldn't be surprised if McGinn and Foligno get flipped, meaning Foligno-Reinhart-Gionta and Des-Larsson-McGinn.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Watched him in the game against Ottawa(?) some day ago and I gotta say he looks like a different player out there. Looks much bigger, stronger and a slightly better skater. Can see him having a good year in Buffalo.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Watched him in the game against Ottawa(?) some day ago and I gotta say he looks like a different player out there. Looks much bigger, stronger and a slightly better skater. Can see him having a good year in Buffalo.

Toronto

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Reinhart has been gaining more confidence with each game this season and surprisingly was the screen on three Buffalo goals this season, so he got bumped to the first line with ROR and Ennis in Saturday's game at Tampa. That line created plenty and he definitely had opportunities for a multiple-point game. Offhand, in addition to the goal, he couldn't pot a rebound, nor could ROR finish a late setup, among others:

[NHL]2015020067-604-a[/NHL]

[NHL]2015020067-619-a[/NHL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad