C Nolan Patrick - Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL (2017 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thething

Jul 28, 2014
Interested to see how Patrick and Mattheos develop and play together. Not often do you see the top two draft eligible prospects in a league play on the same team.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Just turned 16 in September and has 21 points in 26 games this year. It appears the sky is the limit for this guy. Anyone see him live?

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Just turned 16 in September and has 21 points in 26 games this year. It appears the sky is the limit for this guy. Anyone see him live?

Yeah, I have. Had some very brief notes on him from about 10 days ago...
Plays a heavy and pro-style game. Strong on his stick. Physical. Excels at playing in space. This kid is legit. As a late 98 he’s not eligible until 2017 so you have to hope that he can stay healthy considering his style and that he can maintain that style while not getting picked apart too much by scouts. Looks like a hell of a player, though.

Sticks and Pucks

Jan 2, 2008
I think the one thing Patrick has going his way is the fact that he has not filled out yet. Imagine a 6'4" 220lbs center who plays the way Patrick plays. Those types of players don't grow on trees.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Playing very solid, not alot of weaknesses in his game. I think he's the #1 in 2017 right now, he has around the same stats as other 2016 draft eligible prospects in the WHL like Benson, Steel and Kryski. I like Patrick's all-around game, he can play everywhere, big and tough, comes from a good family and he can create plays.

thething

Jul 28, 2014
The 99 class in the whl is weak so he's likely the top pick from the dub come 2017.

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
I was saying, at this point, there would be an argument to made for taking Patrick ahead of anyone in 2015 and 2016.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I was saying, at this point, there would be an argument to made for taking Patrick ahead of anyone in 2015 and 2016.

If he truly is a Center full time, there's nothing holding him back from being a high selection possibly top 10 or five he has all the tools it's just a matter of putting it all together which it usually takes most players his size longer to do.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
Playing very solid, not alot of weaknesses in his game. I think he's the #1 in 2017 right now, he has around the same stats as other 2016 draft eligible prospects in the WHL like Benson, Steel and Kryski. I like Patrick's all-around game, he can play everywhere, big and tough, comes from a good family and he can create plays.

He's pulling ahead of those other guys. All played pretty much the same games and Patrick has 13 goals, howden 9, steel 8, benson 6 and kryski 7. Patrick has a game that looks pro ready, he's big, he's got vision and he can score. The other guys mentioned have two of these qualities, not all three like Patrick does. He can play centre, wing, top line, third line, already a penalty killer, he looks better than Schenn did at the same stage of his career. Looks like the best pro prospect 16 year old in the league at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad